Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Creating a Prop for a CCB (2 50 ct strings)

clarkg

ok, i'm trying to create a prop for the 2 strings (50 ct) and draw it.  Have a question over how to set up this prop.  Do I set up a separate unit ID for each string as that's not how I've used these in the past just using S4.  I've never done this in the pixel editor and I'm trying to figure out if I create one long unit using 100 ct pixels with the LOR ID, or set up a separate unit ID for each string.

What does anyone recommend?

If I understand your question right, my answer would be yes.

For instance if your prop was going to be full circle, then the top half could be one string with a Unit number of 1, and the bottom half could be one string with a Unit number of 2. I think it would easier to use the 2 strings (2 unit ID's)

Did that help?

On 9/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, clarkg said:

Do I set up a separate unit ID for each string as that's not how I've used these in the past just using S4.  I've never done this in the pixel editor and I'm trying to figure out if I create one long unit using 100 ct pixels with the LOR ID, or set up a separate unit ID for each string.

What does anyone recommend?

My CCPs are set in Dual Normal mode so each controller has two Unit IDs - one for each string.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:05 PM, default said:

If I understand your question right, my answer would be yes.

For instance if your prop was going to be full circle, then the top half could be one string with a Unit number of 1, and the bottom half could be one string with a Unit number of 2. I think it would easier to use the 2 strings (2 unit ID's)

Did that help?

Yes that helps.  Thanks

• The topic was locked