Light-O-Rama Forums

Faster Way to Manage Pixels

whitebuck

I have a question, which may be a feature request.

Currently adding Pixel/Pixel Channels to a group seems tedious and time consuming.  I would like to be able to select multiple Pixels in SE and add them to a group.  If they are in series, it is quick and painless, but if they are not and you have a number of pixels to manage, you have to drag them one at a time or deal with them one at a time.  It would be helpful to have an option to select multiple pixels by checkbox, clicking the channel, or by on/off state of the channel.

Why do I want to do this.  Singing Faces on a Matrix.  Currently I can use SuperStar to create a singing character on a matrix.  What I want to do is separate the pixels and group them by set that would light up in coordination with singing character sequences.  The way I think it would work best is to group the pixels into a set such as outline, top lip, etc and coordinate them with the standard channels that were traditionally used.

Speeding up the grouping of pixels would be very useful to do this.  Right now, the only way I see to do this is manually and very time consuming because of the current structure.  I hope I am making sense?

Thanks,

Mike.

Edited by whitebuck