Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

Enhancement Request

It is very difficult to add a new grid view in a sequence. A far as I can figure out, you have to copy the current view to a new name. Then in the new view you have to delete the props that you don't need and then add the props that you want in the view. I would suggest a new option in the pull down options to "Add New Blank View". Then the user can just add the props that are needed. This would be much simpler.

Jim

I thought this was a huge problem until I figured out about "Reset Props".  You're right -- the entire process is not very intuitive, but the "Reset Props" does exactly what you want it to do.

To create a new grid, you "Save Current View As" whatever you want.  We'll call it "Grid 2".  Then, while on that new grid (which is an exact copy of the previous grid), go to "reset props" and select the props you want on it, then click ok.  It 'resets' it back to a blank grid and adds your new props.  It's not possible to have a completely empty grid, so you'll get an error message if you try to "Reset Props" and select nothing.  Select one item, and you've got a grid with only that item.

There's definitely a reason to save a new copy of the current view, and (in agreement with you) it would make just as much sense to add another option called "New View" that combines the two actions in one click -- creates a new view, then prompts you to select the props you want.

If I remember correctly the new view was there in earlier versions. Someone from light-rama requested the change to the way it is. The change is mentioned  in earlier release notes. I personally preferred the old way you suggest cubs rule.

"Add New View" will be at the top of the grid view menu in the next release. Thanks for your input!

Matt