Light-O-Rama Forums

Flood Mounts

sticks4legs

Looking to see if anyone can share some pictures of how they are mounting their RGB floods.  Currently would like to put some just about the gutters, currently looking at an idea of using split PVC pipe pressure fit into the gutters so rain/snow can still flow underneath.  

Also not sure on a good idea to hang from the gutters.  

I bought the metal stakes that Holiday Coro added this spring.  Nice and solid for normal to hard soin. If you have sand, you need additional  stability

Thanks for the picture.  I had a very similar idea in mind for the ground, nice to see it assembled.

Where I am stuck is illuminating the second story, and with Canadian snowfall I cant just put them on the roof

On 09/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, Little_b said:

I know you're looking to hang from up top, but I put mine down below and use a hanger bracket on a piece of 1.24" pipe.

574c779d89718_LightHanger.jpg.7aa4455eac1bc44852f739dabfc4999f.jpg

I like that.  Much nicer than the quickie stake that I mounted mine on last year.  I'll retrofit mine soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 5:48 PM, Little_b said:

I know you're looking to hang from up top, but I put mine down below and use a hanger bracket on a piece of 1.24" pipe.

574c779d89718_LightHanger.jpg.7aa4455eac1bc44852f739dabfc4999f.jpg

Where do you get that type of bracket, And what is it's actual purpose?   I want to use that this year.

28 minutes ago, Jefffrompawpaw said:

Where do you get that type of bracket, And what is it's actual purpose?   I want to use that this year.

That would be a "Rigid Conduit Bracket" or similar since "Rigid " is a brand name. Can be had at Lowes, HD or any hardware store that sells emt or rigid conduit and probably pipes.

There are many different types.

JR

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:07 PM, sticks4legs said:

Looking to see if anyone can share some pictures of how they are mounting their RGB floods.  Currently would like to put some just about the gutters, currently looking at an idea of using split PVC pipe pressure fit into the gutters so rain/snow can still flow underneath.  

Also not sure on a good idea to hang from the gutters.  

I attached mine to the 1st story gutter to light the 2nd story. Nothing fancy, I just went to Harbor Freight and got those cheap mini vice grip pliers ($2-3) and clamped them to the gutter. 25B91092-89D9-4AB6-A04F-56925303202B.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jefffrompawpaw said:

Those are pipe hanger brackets, just part of a Strut/rod  mounting system. HD and Lowes have them in the electrical section.

McMasters, Grainger and any electrical supply house should also.

12 hours ago, saxon said:

I attached mine to the 1st story gutter to light the 2nd story. Nothing fancy, I just went to Harbor Freight and got those cheap mini vice grip pliers ($2-3) and clamped them to the gutter. 25B91092-89D9-4AB6-A04F-56925303202B.jpg

Thanks for the info.  I think that sounds easy and simple.  Over my garage is a peak where yours is straight so it might just be a matter of extension cables over the top of the peak

For attaching from the house shining down, I mounted mine along the house in a simple way. 

Attached to the framing under the gutters. The gutters protect the lights from direct impact of rain, snow or ice.

Flood2_zpsazztg7vk.jpg

Flood1_zpsrngbgpoe.jpg

DSC06404_zpsd2f56296.jpg

DSC06409_zps5e5c6231.jpg

DSC06390_zps5f713da6.jpg