Light-O-Rama Forums

Switching incandescent to led in blow molds

Jeffery m

Hey all need some advice on what watt led bulb to use in my blow molds.Some of take tiny bulbs like the elves and candles some bigger for Santa frosty etc..

I tried swapping my large blow mold over, i used a 7 watt, 60 watt equivalent, way to bright. i am still looking for something dimmer, may have to add a dimmer switch. As for the C9 size, i founf they were not bright enough on a few of my smaller molds with darker colors so they stayed incandescent. 

We have five blow mold candles that are about three-four feet tall. They all had a single incan bulb that only light the flame. I made some stands out of PVC pipe and fittings and we wrapped a string of cool white LED's around the pipe to light the entire length of the candles. They look pretty good, sorry I don't currently have any pictures handy to post...

1 hour ago, rcktpwrd said:

We have five blow mold candles that are about three-four feet tall. They all had a single incan bulb that only light the flame. I made some stands out of PVC pipe and fittings and we wrapped a string of cool white LED's around the pipe to light the entire length of the candles. They look pretty good, sorry I don't currently have any pictures handy to post...

Pictures or it didn't happen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerry72 said:

Pictures or it didn't happen

here is a pic of them finished finished, they have a strand of 60 LED's in them:

TbIWT92l.jpg

• Like 3

Gotta love this hobby, where else do you get to go into a Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's et al for products that will play no use in home renovations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 12:13 AM, Jeffery m said:

Hey all need some advice on what watt led bulb to use in my blow molds.Some of take tiny bulbs like the elves and candles some bigger for Santa frosty etc..

I've got nothing to add to your post, just that I seen this thread was created by "Jeffery M"  I am a Jeffery M too!  With the misspelled Jeffery .  I had to think to myself if i created a thread and forgot about it.