Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing C9 Christmas light

DOC

I have successfully got my 4 C9 Singing Christmas lights working great using the sequences purchase from Light O Rama. My concern now is how do I keep them from responding to the other musical sequences that are NOT  designed for the Singing Lights? Am I to configure the channels for  my two controllers running the C9 and configure the other musical sequences to my third controller to control the musical sequences for the rest of the house?

2 minutes ago, DOC said:

I have successfully got my 4 C9 Singing Christmas lights working great using the sequences purchase from Light O Rama. My concern now is how do I keep them from responding to the other musical sequences that are NOT  designed for the Singing Lights? Am I to configure the channels for  my two controllers running the C9 and configure the other musical sequences to my third controller to control the musical sequences for the rest of the house?

That's correct. The face channels are just for faces. Think about each channel as a light switch. When you tell it "on", it doesn't care what your intentions were, it's "on". 

Sounds like you connected the C9's to your singing props so yes you will need to actually create new channels or add the separate controller if you do not have the extra channels.

JR

thanks for the quick response. SO if I have 12 songs and 6 are for the faces how do I keep the musical sequences from responding to the musical sequences? I don't want the faces to respond to the musical sequences although it does look pretty cool.

You just turn off the faces for the song.

Starting as far right as possible drag your mouse to the left and down through your faces and just turn off for that song. 

How'd they end up in a musical only sequence anyway? 

JR

BTW- I make and share all of my faces so if you are looking just ask. You can also do an advance search for my UN or search "Now Sharing" I normally start my threads with that. Or my "Free singing face request" thread.

JR

I'll look at my sequences and try to figure out how to configure my faces to only use the musical sequences for the faces. Not sure what you mean by,Starting as far right as possible drag your mouse to the left and down through your faces and just turn off for that song? Is that in the Show editor or Sequence editor? Btw they looked great. The faces responded to all the musical sequences so it let me know how it will look for the other lights for the rest of the house. Thanks also for letting me know that you will share.

2 hours ago, DOC said:

I'll look at my sequences and try to figure out how to configure my faces to only use the musical sequences for the faces. Not sure what you mean by,Starting as far right as possible drag your mouse to the left and down through your faces and just turn off for that song? Is that in the Show editor or Sequence editor? Btw they looked great. The faces responded to all the musical sequences so it let me know how it will look for the other lights for the rest of the house. Thanks also for letting me know that you will share.

When you have SE open and can see all rows of your "singing face" sequences start at the very top row of the face (outline or whatever is the first channel of the singing face portion). Take your mouse and just move it to the far right of the sequence, it should move the grid all the way to the very end of the sequence. Now click that very top box and hold down the mouse button just like "dragging something" you will see the box shift with you. You can drag it all the way to the far left screen to make it go faster. Bring the mouse back to the far left lower box that you want to turn off. Now the entire section you want to turn off will be in a box. You can either right click and turn off or go to "edit" in the tool bar. I find right click easier for me.

I am a little confused on your sequence coment.

Did you buy musical sequences of singing face sequences from LOR. They would be two different types.? Or did you just plug your singing faces in to test the lights?

What faces do you have, number and how many channels each?

As I mentioned if you want to really test how cool your singing faces are I have plenty of sequences that I produces and can share.

JR

I started at the top  row of the face sequence. When I highlight the top left row of the sequence all it does is highlight the row. It does not move the row to  the right.  The grid does not move. UGH!!! It should be something simple to do but never is. The face sequences where actually  purchased from Holiday Coro not LOR. I purchased White Christmas from the DOO WHOP Album, Let it Snow sung by Lady Antebellum and Christmas Don't be late sung by the Chipmunks. Each song is 16 channels and works great. You asked if I just plugged my faces to test lights. That's apparently what I did. Now I just need to figure out how to keep the faces from respond to the other musical sequences. For a newbie with no computer skills, it doesn't come easy. Once I can get the show set I would love to try some of your face sequences.. 

30 minutes ago, DOC said:

I started at the top  row of the face sequence. When I highlight the top left row of the sequence all it does is highlight the row. It does not move the row to  the right.  The grid does not move. UGH!!! It should be something simple to do but never is. The face sequences where actually  purchased from Holiday Coro not LOR. I purchased White Christmas from the DOO WHOP Album, Let it Snow sung by Lady Antebellum and Christmas Don't be late sung by the Chipmunks. Each song is 16 channels and works great. You asked if I just plugged my faces to test lights. That's apparently what I did. Now I just need to figure out how to keep the faces from respond to the other musical sequences. For a newbie with no computer skills, it doesn't come easy. Once I can get the show set I would love to try some of your face sequences.. 

What exactly are you trying to do? Move the sequencing for the faces or turn the channels off? First off make sure you have a backup.

If you are trying to turn the singing bulbs off in sequences where they are not supposed to be on then do the following. First make a backup copy, click on any box in the singing bulb row then right click and select "Select Row". then right click and click on "Off".

Im trying to get my 32 channels singing faces to only respond to the singing faces sequences purchased at Holiday Coro and not to respond to the other musical sequences in my Show. I have twelve songs. 6 designed for faces and six just musical sequences. When I hook my controllers to the the faces, the faces act as a test for all the musical sequences. Basically I have used the faces for testing all  twelve sequences. Next step is to have faces working only with face musical sequences and the others for using for the other lights for the house.  I have 32 channels for the faces and 16 channels for the house