Light-O-Rama Forums

Flame effect

jerry72

SO i got my hands on a replica fireplace, a small one, used to be a heater, but i gutted it after the magic smoke took care of the motor. I am gonna ntry and get my hands on a 1 foot section of a ws2811 strip and mount them inside the fake logs. I have been playing in SS< but can not seem to get a ,flamer effect. If all else fails, i will just just a flickering red, but would like a nice flame, make it look so much better. I plan to use this as a donation box at christmas time.

44 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

SO i got my hands on a replica fireplace, a small one, used to be a heater, but i gutted it after the magic smoke took care of the motor. I am gonna ntry and get my hands on a 1 foot section of a ws2811 strip and mount them inside the fake logs. I have been playing in SS< but can not seem to get a ,flamer effect. If all else fails, i will just just a flickering red, but would like a nice flame, make it look so much better. I plan to use this as a donation box at christmas time.

Jerry ~ Wouldn't you be better off with strips hanging down from the top and behind or intertwining the logs ? That way you could create alternating flame heights. Also remember there is blue, red, yellow, orange and sometimes a little green in flames. But a very light hint of blue, orange yellow may look good.

Hopefully your donation box doesn't get "donated".

JR

I'm all for using superstar to create a flame effect, but you might also consider some of the simulated flames you can buy at Halloween stores. They are basically an orange light and a fan that blows upward on sheets of plastic that wave around and reflect the orange light.

2 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

I'm all for using superstar to create a flame effect, but you might also consider some of the simulated flames you can buy at Halloween stores. They are basically an orange light and a fan that blows upward on sheets of plastic that wave around and reflect the orange light.

Yes, but where would the fun be in that?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 11:41 PM, BrianBruderer said:

On 9/18/2017 at 2:13 AM, jerry72 said:

Yes, but where would the fun be in that?

They also have the projection that shine on the house I used those with a fog machine to give the fire and smoke effects 

I use the fire projection that you point at the house to make it look like the house is on fire which you can do several different ways mine are in a planter style box with foil on the inside and the I have a fog machine that enters through the side with a pipe that goes all the way to the other side when everything is going it looks just like a fire pit smoke and all