Light-O-Rama Forums

Go from S4 4.3.18 to 4.3.24 ??

kevinob

It's that time of season :) I'm on my own personal "Season 2" of LOR and --- now that I'm prepping for upcoming Fall/ Holiday display seasons -- reengaging the forums and seeing updates to S4 software as well as a availability of S5 beta. I don't think I'm ready to be a Beta person but was wondering about software Updates (not upgrades...).I run 4.3.18 Light-O-Rama Pro, with SuperStar 8_CCR. I have a few props on my home and run 3 controllers (1 RGB pixels

Is the general consensus that 4.3.24 is stable and a worthwhile update? I searched a bit on the forum but other than seeing some hardware recognition issues noted in 4.22 and the comments on S5 didn't see much in regards to .3.24

I don't think I'll be changing too much to last year's work in terms of complexity.....so I suppose I could stand pat. I did read some of the release notes and looks like it might address (maybe) some oddball things I noticed in the past about recognizing controllers and such... and if "upgrade to most recent software" is a standard protocol for getting best support from LOR and others I'll happily proceed.

Thanks for any thoughts, Kevin

Kevin,

If your not aware here is a link to the Release Notes for each version of LOR http://www.lightorama.com/help/index.html?whats_new.htm

You can browse through them and see if any of the updates from 4.3.18 to 4.3.24 will be of benefit to you. Having said that, there were a few pretty cool updates to Superstar you would probably interested in if you use it. Overall I thought 4.3.24 was very stable.

Alan...

Thanks for the reply Alan and appreciate the links. I had read some release notes but not from that link which i will be a good bookmark. 

Havent heard/seen complaints on 3.24 so far.... So unless that changes my inclination at this point is to get things up and running ( for recollection & peace of momd that things r working) then update software and check for new goodies.  

Appreciate your reply, Kevin

Kevin, I've been running 4.3.24 for my landscaping show since the day it was released without any issues.  I am fairly active with the S5 beta, but at this point I have no intention of upgrading the show computer to S5 until after my 2017 Christmas show is concluded in January.  Since you use SuperStar (as do I), I will tell you that at this time, the SuperStar integration into S5 leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm really hoping that by February when I start sequencing for 2018, it will be good enough that I can make the jump to S5 at that time.  For now, stick with S4, and go ahead an update to 4.3.24.

Yes, I have also just updated, to 4.3.24. Reluctantly but everything appears to work. Now if I can get rid of this illness I can get back to sequencing.

JR

Thanks Jim and JR for your thoughts! Glad to hear it is working for you. I think I'll give it a go.

Thanks for posting and appreciate the quick feedback.