Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

S5 Enhancement - Conversion Issue

When you convert a musical sequence from S4 to S5 the sequence converts just fine. However, if you tell the conversion screen to add a Pixel grid view during the conversion, a small problem develops. When you look at the pixel grid view, all of the prop views are expanded. At the current time, the only way to collapse all of the props is to click on the minus sign for each prop, one at a time. I can suggest several solutions.

1. The conversion program should collapse all of the pixel view grids instead of leaving them expanded, just like it does with the traditional props.

2. We need a method for the user to collapse all of the expanded props at one time.

Either of these would work to solve the issue but both of these together might be a good enhancement to the program.

Jim

Jim,

Is this what you are looking for? If not then I misunderstood what you are asking.

james.gif

Alan...

Edited by default

I feel like a fool. I looked - but did not see. Sorry. You are correct. It is there, but I missed it. Thanks.

Jim

James or Default

I have run into a problem where I can no longer get my matrix to work since upgrading to 5.0.8. If I try an append prop the it shows up in the view but is unusable. Just curious what option you are using when you mention converting above. 

Edited by stevehoyt

Steve, I saw you posted this earlier in the week. I had hoped you had it resolved. Guess not.

This just happened since upgraded to 5.08 hmm. If you have superstar, try exporting the .sup file in the legacy format. Then load that into S5 SE, when it asked for a Preview pick the one at the bottom "Auto Generate" preview. When it loads you can see what S5 SE is expecting as far as channels. Copy your working Preview and try adding another Matrix, based on the channels created by the Auto Generate. I have made so many previews trying to figure it out, it's not funny. I have had the same issue and have made so many previews trying to figure it out, it's not funny.

Alan...

Good Morning

it looks like we have 2 different problems. I am not using superstar. I am just trying to import a S4 sequence that had a couple PE props in it last year. Up until 5.0.0.8 I was able to do this. After importing, I used the append command to add the new RGB props that I am adding this year. All was well. As of the latest version, where a new view is created called "Pixel editor", I now am unable to append my matrix. It appears in the view but has a black background with cross hatching in it. It can not be programmed. I am able to append my 2 additional Pixel trees without any issue. 

I assume Matt got my report and is checking into it.

Thanks for your reply.