Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog changing unit IDs by itself

k6ccc

I dug out a ServoDog that I have not had powered up for several years.  Going to use it for a project (not related to servos).  Hooked it up and started the Hardware Utility, and it found the SD as Unit ID 02.  For the purpose, I wanted it to be Unit ID 06, so I changed it to 06 without any issues.

After a few power connections and disconnections, I discovered that the SD had changed it's Unit ID back to 02.  Changed it back to 06, and power cycled it a few more times with a unit scan after each time.  What I found it if the power cleanly goes off and then restores, the ID stays at whatever ID I set it for, but it bobble the clip lead that is supplying power there is a good chance that the ID will revert to unit ID 02.  Not that I really expected any difference, but I tried setting the Unit ID with the ServoDog Utility with the same result.  I have tried a bunch of different Unit ID, but no matter what I change it to, it eventually reverts to Unit ID 02.

Now the obvious answer would be to just give in and leave it as Unit ID 02.  Mr. Murphy and his law are in full force in that there is exactly one other LOR controller on this circuit, and you guessed it, it's an InputPup with Unit ID 02.  That figures...

I remember having this issue several years ago - likely on this same card.  Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, Don said:

Isn't that one that has UnitID Settings on the board? I forget.

No.  The ServoDog does not have hardware settings for Unit ID.

I gave up, and re-numbered the pre-existing InputPup to a different Unit ID so now, the ServoDog can just stay at Unit ID 02.  Then I had to go in an modify about 30 sequences...

• The topic was locked