Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stevehoyt

Can no longer add matrix to view or program matrix.

I have read in the various release notes that the conversion has been redone a bit. I tried it on a sequence that I had never done before. 

As my Matrix was not part of my last years display, in the past I always did an append to get it into my view.

When I do an append now, it shows up in the view, but the row is cross hatched out and can't be modified.

Any idea what is wrong?

Matt

Below is a better description of what I am seeing.

I am not using superstar. I am just trying to import a S4 sequence that had a couple PE props in it last year. Up until 5.0.0.8 I was able to do this. After importing, I used the append command to add the new RGB props that I am adding this year. All was well. As of the latest version, where a new view is created called "Pixel editor", I now am unable to append my matrix. It appears in the view but has a black background with cross hatching in it. It can not be programmed. I am able to append my 2 additional Pixel trees without any issue. 

Matt

Just wondering if you had a chance to look at this?.

It has me stopped dead in the water at the moment.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by stevehoyt

Steve,

have you made progress on this or still stuck?

Alan...

This has me stopped dead in the water. I have had to stop all testing for now. 

For me, as it showed up new with version 5.0.8, I assume it is a regression of some sort. My uneducated guess is that is a result of the new "pixel editor" view that gets created. In addition, I have run into the "save file issue" which I reported to Matt along with someone else. I know Matt has said the save file problem is fixed with the next release and have my fingers crossed that this will be too.

I could spend time looking for a workaround but at this point don't feel like it is time well spent.

For now I am out in the backyard building props with high hopes for the next release of the beta.

Steve

Steve,

If you are still stuck on this, I had an an "aha" moment when tinkering with S5 this morning. If your matrix is cross hatched and you can't add any effects to it, try right clicking the name of the prop (not the effect area) and chose "Add Motion Effect Row".

For me, it adds an effect row that wasn't available. I am able to add effects, etc... Apparently the cross hatch indicates it has no effects row and thus not able to add anything.

Hope this helps.

Alan...