Light-O-Rama Forums
brichi

B5 - Ability to save and import "Beat Channels"?

Can we have the ability to export and import beat channels? I setup one sequence with 15 beat channels all color coded them perfectly that i know i will use in my other sequences, It seems like i have to rebuild them in every sequence

I tried exporting and importing channels but just the prop channels imported, not the beat channels. thanks

Edited by brichi

11 hours ago, brichi said:

Can we have the ability to export and import beat channels? I setup one sequence with 15 beat channels all color coded them perfectly that i know i will use in my other sequences, It seems like i have to rebuild them in every sequence

I tried exporting and importing channels but just the prop channels imported, not the beat channels. thanks

What? In SE, a channel is a channel. I have many channel config templates saved and the beat channels always import with assigned prop channels just fine. 

Of course, I'm still in S4. Maybe it's an S5 problem. That's one reason why I won't change this late in the year. 

Edited by Mega Arch

correct, in S5 if i export channel config and import in a new sequence, the channels come over fine but not the beat channels, i think the beat channels may be something totally different then what S4 had

Try starting a new sequence with your saved exported channel config. Then open the one you have been working on and copy/paste into the new one. Save as new name with date so not confused as to which one is which. 

Just as a workaround. Not saying it doesn't need fixed. And by January, when I plan on updating. 😎

Edited by Mega Arch

even doing a new sequence, when i import channel config no beat channels come over

A channel is a channel.  I think the "beat channel" is being archived here since its basically a null channel (no hardware associated with it).  Haven't tried this yet, only been creating new seq's in S5 haven't even looked at migrating S4 to S5 yet LOL.   Maybe we can get a confirmation from Matt on this?