Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director Issues

Mikep2478

OK I'm very new to this. Last year we started off slow with a TSO starter pack and all was great. This year I finally decided to to some sequence editing. I did not get crazy, I just took LOR preprogramed sequences and altered them. I have finally finished and after a little headache I have finally got them on an SD Card for the mini Director. The problem I am having is they start glitching or the show will just stop and the controller LEDs will start blinking. Its never in the same spot in the show and some times it will play the whole show fine. Other times some channels get stuck on. I am running 6 CTB16PC controllers and 2 CMB24D controllers. I have the show on an Lexar SD Card. Any ideas?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Mikep2478 said:

OK I'm very new to this. Last year we started off slow with a TSO starter pack and all was great. This year I finally decided to to some sequence editing. I did not get crazy, I just took LOR preprogramed sequences and altered them. I have finally finished and after a little headache I have finally got them on an SD Card for the mini Director. The problem I am having is they start glitching or the show will just stop and the controller LEDs will start blinking. Its never in the same spot in the show and some times it will play the whole show fine. Other times some channels get stuck on. I am running 6 CTB16PC controllers and 2 CMB24D controllers. I have the show on an Lexar SD Card. Any ideas?

Thanks

Well I thought I would never say this. "Try a Kingston card". I have ran PNY in my mini, never a problem. FFWD to 2 weeks ago while testing my props in the yard and not wanting to run or make a new data cable. Connected the mini to the pixie controller, nothing. Changed my controller priority mini-pixie-ac (nothing). Changed mini-ac-pixie nothing. Checked all channel configs all work. Took my never used Kingston card from LOR and reformatted to delete the contents, created the show, popped in and instant lights. 

So if you have the Kingston SD card they sent you try that. There were none available in my area so I just copy pasted the LOR show on the Kingston to my desktop and then formatted.

That should work.

FWIW- I was using PNY class 4 and 6 and a pro grade Sandisk class 8 (for s&g's) - none worked after adding the pixie to my display.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Well I had to order the Kingston SD card from Amazon and it arrived last night. I moved my show to the new card and all seems to be working fine, in the small scale tests. I guess we will see what happens in a few weeks when we get the whole show up and running. Thanks for the help.

8 hours ago, Mikep2478 said:

Well I had to order the Kingston SD card from Amazon and it arrived last night. I moved my show to the new card and all seems to be working fine, in the small scale tests. I guess we will see what happens in a few weeks when we get the whole show up and running. Thanks for the help.

Glad I could help but as stated I thought I would have never said those words. Unbelievable that there are more SD cards than just SanDisc that wont work esp when my PNY's never failed for the AC controllers. 

You should be fine, I had 8 sequences and they all ran fine.

JR

• The topic was locked