Light-O-Rama Forums

Need information on Pixel Tree Kit

mqoa2005

I currently have 4 CTB16PC and a set of light linkers that I have used for 5 years. I just bought a Pixel tree kit and now I am wondering if I just shot myself in the foot. I looked over the Network speeds for the equipment I have and I see that none of my controllers are compatible with the Enhanced network needed. I use a  G3-MP3-Director to run my show. The light linker is hooked up to my 4th controller so I can use it across my driveway.  Is there anything I can do besides upgrade my hardware? 

5 hours ago, mqoa2005 said:

I currently have 4 CTB16PC and a set of light linkers that I have used for 5 years. I just bought a Pixel tree kit and now I am wondering if I just shot myself in the foot. I looked over the Network speeds for the equipment I have and I see that none of my controllers are compatible with the Enhanced network needed. I use a  G3-MP3-Director to run my show. The light linker is hooked up to my 4th controller so I can use it across my driveway.  Is there anything I can do besides upgrade my hardware? 

What generations are your AC controllers? Gen 3 controllers and Gen 2 controllers with the Green LED (actually Gen3 miss marked) are compatible.

What kit did you get? Pixie or pixcon (just wondering since mine is pixie)

Did you get the 485HS (red) adapter?

The G3 will run your show, however at least for the pixie controller you MUST use a Kingston SD card. I spent 2 days recently trying to figure out why my G3 wouldn't communicate with my controller. I have always used PNY cards with my AC controllers. Deleted the LOR SD Kingston card, wrote my sequences to it and it fired right up. (go figure). This was my last thing to change after reconfiguring my entire setup.

There is also no logical order while using the pixie16 along with AC controllers.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I don't use a director, but I recall that your director can have two LOR networks.  If that's the case, use a lower speed network for your older controllers and the ELL to controller 4 across the driveway.  Use a separate network that is higher speed and enhanced for the pixel tree.

I don't have a pixie controller but I do run CCRs off a director.  My regular controllers & one CCB controller run off the lower speed just fine and I also  use 2 linkers to go across the driveway.  My CCRs and this year CCBs on my roof run off the 2nd network output on the director at 500 speed.  I've had no problems with this set up.