Light-O-Rama Forums
stevehoyt

Can't open file anymore V5.0.6

I was working on a musical sequence today and had just made a change to my matrix. I had changed the effect and said ok.

I got a window that said " a problem occurred while calculating the intensity data. Please save your file and exit the program. Parameter is not valid."

So I saved the file. Now each time I open the file I get the same error and am unable to use the file.

I also see a little "warning" icon like you would see while driving that is  in the far upper left part of the display. It is in the place that  spins while intensity data is figured out the "preview calculation status"

The bad part is that I can no longer play the sequence.

Any idea what to do next. I am a bit worried as the entire sequence is no longer usable.

I tried the backup file and it is unusable too.

Thanks

Edited by stevehoyt

There is a LOREDIT.BAK file stored in the same folder as your sequence, which you can rename. Also, please send me a copy of the problem sequence so I can fix the source of the issue.

Matt

I just sent you the files via a private email along with why I am guessing the backup got corrupted.

Steve

This turned out to be a bug in the SimpleShape effect that would sometimes generate an error when the color mode was set to "outline". Thanks for reporting the issue! It will be fixed in the next beta release.

Matt