Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualization set-up

Papa6058

I set-up 8 4 channel trees 1st tree controller 1 channels 1-4, 2nd tree controller 1 channels 5-8,,,,,, 8th tree controller 2 channels 13-16. I then get into channel config in SE and remembered I like reds to be 1-8, white 9-16 and so on. When I go back into Vi and change the trees they don't stick. I go back and everything is back to original set-up. I have WAISTED 2 hours. What am I doing wrong, do I have to delete all the tree and start over?

38 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

I set-up 8 4 channel trees 1st tree controller 1 channels 1-4, 2nd tree controller 1 channels 5-8,,,,,, 8th tree controller 2 channels 13-16. I then get into channel config in SE and remembered I like reds to be 1-8, white 9-16 and so on. When I go back into Vi and change the trees they don't stick. I go back and everything is back to original set-up. I have WAISTED 2 hours. What am I doing wrong, do I have to delete all the tree and start over?

Is your vis setting "locked". Needs to be unlocked by clicking on the lock button. 

Go into your vis and click on fixtures ~ top right hand side.

Double click on the segment of the mini tree.

A box will pop up which will allow you to change colors that box will also have a "locked" selection ensure there is no dot in it. Assign you channels and colors appropriately

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Nothing is locked, I thought I was getting somewhere until I went to the right-hand side and things aren't even labeled correctly.

Is it possible that I have lost that much understanding of doing this?  I am officially back in the game, someone inform my brain that it is needed for this and it will be very busy for the next 3-4 months, but I can't do anything until I get the canvas set.

Leave them like you have them. Then click on convert to group. Check the leave in existing box. After converting, move that newly created group to track 2. Then slide them wherever you want- all reds together, ect. 

After Master George unlocked this trick for me in one of his SequenceU classes, it was life changing. 

Just consider track 1 as your master track. It is left alone after your channel config is set. Then make as many groups as you want/need into track 2. 

I have many duplicates in track 2. Example: House Icicles. That channel appears in my "all white group" and in my "house background group". Strobe channels appear in "strobe group", "house background group". 

Another cool thing is for another example: I have 2 sets of candy cane spinners. 1 through 12 each. On track 2, groups track, I reversed the order of spinner 2. 12 through 1. Copy from spinner 1 and paste into reversed 2 - bamm! Now they spin towards each other with only a few seconds spent.

Move whichever group you want to work on up to the top where it's easier to see. Or place it next to one you just finished to see the timing changes. It doesn't matter and doesn't effect master track 1.

Caution: always use "remove channel", never "delete channel". 

Michael,

Check your email - I fixed all your files and added many groups on track 2.

Immediately export the channel config file - so you have a clean usable starting point on future sequences.

Good luck my friend.

• The topic was locked