Light-O-Rama Forums

Down loading sequence to 3 LOR units

Derin Smith

Hello,

I'm just getting to know LOR. I've created a 3 unit sequence but am having trouble downloading it into the units. When I refresh the hardware, it cannot find the three boxes even though they are all connected properly. Do you have any ideas?

Have you reassigned the unit #'s? They will have to be different numbers. Like unit 1, unit 2, unit 3.

And only connect one at a time to set the unit #.

Edited by Mega Arch

Yes, I've numbered 01, 02, and03. When I refresh now, the hardware can see all 3 units but when I download, the 3rd unit doesn't show any information and the 2nd units sequence is jumbled.

First off - these are not the units I use - but the following should apply...

Make sure the stand alone speed hasn't been changed on any of them.

If not, sounds like you are conflicting the signal inputs - still hooked up to PC while running in stand alone.

If using individually - all 3 setup in stand alone and not running cat5 between them = Only download 1 at a time - with only 1 controller hooked up at a time.

If daisy chained - set 1 as stand alone and the other 2 on network and will get commands for the first one.

If you are using a 1602 series, it can act as a director, meaning it can control animation sequences. (Musical requires the director.)

You need only download a sequence to ONE unit. When connected via CAT5, the other units will get commands from the unit that is playing.
Controllers MUST have a different ID in this situation. The 1602 won't send out commands for it's own ID to other units. Thus if you download it to 01, it won't send out 01 commands over the wire.

Delete the sequences on 02 and 03. Make sure only 01 has a sequence and try again. 

Remember, 1602 animation sequences do not have the ability to operate on a schedule. They only work when powered.

• Like 1

OK, still having trouble. All three units are daisy chained together. Units are # 01, 02, 03. I hooked up my comm to 01. When I refreshed, the hardware saw all 3 units and I successfully downloaded my sequence into unit 01. I unhooked the comm and turned the units on and like every other time the 3rd units lights would not come on and the lighting sequence of the 2nd unit was screwed up. When I turn the power off to the 3rd unit, the 2nd units lighting sequence worked fine. I have tried using different LOR units and changing the unit order and #'s with no success. Speed was 06 on all units. Any other ideas?

With only 01 connected, make sure it has no sequence.
With only 02 connected, make sure it has no sequence.
With only 03 connected, make sure it has no sequence.
Run the LOR Verifier (Look in the LOR Tray/Lightbulb) to make sure there are no errors with the sequence.
With only 01 Connected, re-download the sequence.

Then hook up the controllers and try again. Do NOT have the controllers connected to your computer/RS485.

Since these are 1602's, make sure you set the Unit ID with the on controllers buttons, and not the Hardware Editor.

Where can I find this verifier? I've tried everything else with no success. I just created a new simple 3 unit animation and it did not work. Something is not right, I'm loosing my mind.

21 minutes ago, Derin Smith said:

Where can I find this verifier? I've tried everything else with no success. I just created a new simple 3 unit animation and it did not work. Something is not right, I'm loosing my mind.

On your computer in the explorer search bar type in verifier and when you click it, it will open.

JR