Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
mlswayze

Pixie 8 Controller

Recommended Posts

mlswayze    0

I am a "Newbie" and I have a Pixie 8 controller.  I was under the impression that his controller will work as a stand a lone.  I see on the web pages that it is "coming" as stand a lone?

It has Version 1.02 firmware on it.  Any help would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dibblejr    377
1 hour ago, mlswayze said:

I am a "Newbie" and I have a Pixie 8 controller.  I was under the impression that his controller will work as a stand a lone.  I see on the web pages that it is "coming" as stand a lone?

It has Version 1.02 firmware on it.  Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, it will work as a "stand a lone" so to speak. 1) you will need a power supply based on the pixel or ribbon voltage 12v or 5v. 2) Pixels or ribbons of some sort 3) A computer or Showtime Director to tell the controller what to do. 

Depending on where you will house the controller, you will need an enclosure.

You will need a power cord for whatever power supply you purchase,

But yes, along with everything listed above it will work without any other controller(s) in your network.

I am using 5 pixie16's and 1 pixie8 (added this year).

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. P    302
3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, it will work as a "stand a lone" so to speak. 1) you will need a power supply based on the pixel or ribbon voltage 12v or 5v. 2) Pixels or ribbons of some sort 3) A computer or Showtime Director to tell the controller what to do. 

Depending on where you will house the controller, you will need an enclosure.

You will need a power cord for whatever power supply you purchase,

But yes, along with everything listed above it will work without any other controller(s) in your network.

I am using 5 pixie16's and 1 pixie8 (added this year).

JR

"Stand Alone" means that it will work as a direcror by itself, no other computer or director needed. A sequence is stored in its memory and runs a simple animation show. I am not sure if the Pixie is capable yet as it is listed as "Coming Soon". You may want to contact the Help Desk and ask what version firmware supports it.

Stand Alone capable:

http://www1.lightorama.com/standalone/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mlswayze    0

Thank you for all of your replies.  Yes to clarify better, I am wanting to send "commands" to the Pixel 8, have it save the settings and work all by it's self with only a power supply and led pixels attached to it.  I will contact the help desk to check on minimum requirements.

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mlswayze    0

Had another thought.  This card is listed as a Pixie 8D.  I looked online under firmware and I see that there is several listed under "CTD08"  How do I know which one is the correct one?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dibblejr    377
37 minutes ago, mlswayze said:

Had another thought.  This card is listed as a Pixie 8D.  I looked online under firmware and I see that there is several listed under "CTD08"  How do I know which one is the correct one?

 

When you connect your pixie8 to your computer and open up the HU push the refresh button and it will show you your pixie8 and firmware version.

With that being said, if it aint broke don't fix it. Test and if all working well no need to update. 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    499
41 minutes ago, mlswayze said:

Had another thought.  This card is listed as a Pixie 8D.  I looked online under firmware and I see that there is several listed under "CTD08"  How do I know which one is the correct one?

I think you meant CTB08.  CTB08 is an AC controller.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mlswayze    0

inquiring in regards to the firmware as this card is to be standalone eventually and wondering about the status of this topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mlswayze    0

I checked the firmware list again, Yes I mis-typed  but CTB08 IS a Pixel 8???  Please see below

 

CTB08 professional 8 channel controller latest firmware version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dibblejr    377
9 minutes ago, mlswayze said:

I checked the firmware list again, Yes I mis-typed  but CTB08 IS a Pixel 8???  Please see below

 

CTB08 professional 8 channel controller latest firmware version

A pixie8 is a pixie8. Not a CTB08!

Read the very top paragraph, as I stated earlier. If its not broke don't worry. There is no firmware update listed for our pixie8's at this time.

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    499
2 hours ago, mlswayze said:

Yes I mis-typed  but CTB08 IS a Pixel 8???  Please see below

No.  A CTB08 is an 8 channel AC controller (I have one).  No relationship to a Pixie 8 - which is a pixel controller.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×