JamesWright

JMW-006 Network Error in S5 5.0.6

JamesWright    4

JMW-006

Module: S5-SE

Software Version: 5.0.6

OS Version: Windows 10

Description:
Editing a musical sequence in SE. When I start the sequencer, everything works - visualizer and lights. After editing the sequence for awhile (time unsure), I play the sequence again. The visualizer still works fine, but the lights do not play. I checked in the "Tools" menu and "Control Lights" is selected. The LOR CommListener shows an error as can be seen in this screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aor4cHE_ElMqo2Tup0vHCv_q7Hzl. This just started after I installed 5.0.6. The problem did not occur in 5.0.4 (at least I never saw it). Restarting the commlistener does not clear the error. I have to restart SE.

Repeatability: It happens every time, but seemingly randomly and takes some time before it happens.

Hardware Used:
1. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s).
2. 16 GB Memory.
3. Windows 10 x64
4. I use 5 networks to support my display.

Edited by JamesWright
Correction

MattBrown    78

Jim,

The next time this happens, could you please attach the trace file (LORSequencer-trace.txt in My Documents)? The file gets overwritten every time you start the Sequencer, so after the error happens, close the Sequencer, then make a copy of that file. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Matt

JamesWright    4

Matt:

It happened again this morning but that was before I received your request. I have since restarted SE. I still have the new screenshot of the listener's error message though. I will send it if you wish. I am sure that it will happen again so I will sent it as soon as possible.

Jim

MattBrown    78

Jim,

The trace file from 5.0.6 will not contain the information I need. We will need to wait until 5.0.8 is out to gather the relevant trace data so the issue can be resolved.

Matt

MattBrown    78
On 9/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, JamesWright said:

Restarting the commlistener does not clear the error. I have to restart SE.

What if you un-check "Control Lights" and then re-check it? Does that work?

Matt

JamesWright    4

Un-checking "Control Lights" and then re-checking it does not help. I did try that. I will wait until 5.0.8 before I send the trace file. Thanks for the help.

Jim