Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add CMB24D controller to my show?

Raine

This is my first year as a LOR customer, and I just received the starter package with the CTB16PCg3 controller. I also purchased a musical sequence and have begun testing. I have kept the Unit ID of the CTB16 at 01 and everything works great. I have plugged in several strands of lights to all 16 channels and they dance to the music sequence in time. The problem I have is in trying to add the CMB24D contoller. They are connected with the appropriate cat5 cable. I purchased a set of 8 10w floods to be run by this controller. I assume the LOR ID should be 02, and have changed the DIP Switch Address Settings accordingly (0 0000 0010). Is this correct? When opening the HWU and refreshing the units to configure, it only finds the CTB16. The light in the CMB24 is solid red.How do I add this controller? 

You'll need to upgrade to the Advanced (at minimum) or Pro versions to be able to use the controller.  With the "Basic" licence you will not be able to run CMB24. 

You were giving wrong information.  You are not running DMX or E1.31, so the reference to the Advanced is wrong.  Your Basic license should work for controller IDs 01 and 02.

Try disconnecting the CTB16and only hook up the CMB24 and try the scan again.   I'm making a guess that the CMB24 is still trying to respond to unit ID 01.

Have to agree with Jim on this, the CMB24D is just an LOR controller that uses a unit ID number and will work perfectly fine on your license, no Advanced or Pro license needed.

Raine, double check the switches, turn them all off/on several times as they stick at times. Then make sure you have the proper channel selected with dip switch 8 on and all other channels completely off (unit ID 2). If you have to try resetting the CMB24D by powering the controller down, set DIP switch 12 to ON and power it up. The Status LED will flash quickly. Power the controller down and turn DIP switch 12 off. Turn power back on.

It works! After trying these suggestions, everything is working now. I set the CMB24D as Unit 02 with DIP Switch 8 on. Also, I used this as the first controller in the chain, connecting the CTB16 with a 6ft cat5 cable 2nd. Now my HWU recognizes both units. Thank you so much for all of your input and help. Let the addiction begin!

Just a reminder to all. The CMB24D is a single channel (dumb RGB) license  device., not a Pixie series

OP 5 seats (CPUS) is not how many channels'The title bar will indicate your level (I suspect Basic or plus)

On 9/3/2017 at 4:12 PM, k6ccc said:

You were giving wrong information.  You are not running DMX or E1.31, so the reference to the Advanced is wrong.  Your Basic license should work for controller IDs 01 and 02.

k6ccc,

Thanks for the quick correction on this info! 

I just bought three CMB24D's and an upgrade to Standard level. I read this post and thought I was going to have to purchase another software upgrade this year. Thanks for clarifying!

Gary