Light-O-Rama Forums

RBG Newbie - Trianing or RBG sequence

Septon

Hey guys,

I often train people on software and fix computer issues by using LogMeIn, Teamviewer etc.

I currently only have a 16 channel, and well.. I learned a lot in a short bit, but know a hell of a lot more now. :) 

So, was wondering if someone would like to take some time, face time/call with me perhaps, and login with me so we are sharing the computer.  OR send me some Floods and Strip RBG sequences to study and learn from.

I just bought 3 CMB24 cards, will have 2 cards doing the 5050RBG Strips and 1 doing floods.

Anyone with suggestions, tips, tricks, some sequences to learn from or some time, please share.  (Awaiting the items to arrive).

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Septon said:

Wow tough crowd.

People get busy. Sometimes just bumping your thread will get someone to respond. Plus people are busy getting ready for Halloween and Christmas. Patience grasshopper. ??

• Like 2

Just now, Santas Helper said:

People get busy. Sometimes just bumping your thread will get someone to respond. Plus people are busy getting ready for Halloween and Christmas. Patience grasshopper. ??

Yeah it is why I responded to see if i could bump it. :)

2 hours ago, james morris said:

Need Email

And this is why bumping a slow thread can pay off.

James, way to go buddy. :) 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 4:51 PM, james morris said:

Sent two Halloween two Christmas

Hey James, I checked my email and can't see it.  I checked junk and spam.  Can you resend? pat@septon.ca

Much thanks James

2 hours ago, Septon said:

Hey James, I checked my email and can't see it.  I checked junk and spam.  Can you resend? pat@septon.ca

Much thanks James

James lost all internet yesterday when his ATT router/ network died. He should be getting it back up today.

Just some FYI so you don't think he's ignoring you.

JR

• Like 1

Here's a tip - when you set up your controllers in SE, I'm assuming you'll add them as RGB channels.  Make a copy of each RGB channel and then un-group it into it's three color channels.  You can then arrange all of the Red channels together, etc.  That way you can sequence by the combined RGB channel or by a specific color.  Because you made a copy of the original channel, anything you do in one spot will automatically appear in the other.

This made a world of difference for me when trying to sequence RGB channels.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jfuller8400 said:

Here's a tip - when you set up your controllers in SE, I'm assuming you'll add them as RGB channels.  Make a copy of each RGB channel and then un-group it into it's three color channels.  You can then arrange all of the Red channels together, etc.  That way you can sequence by the combined RGB channel or by a specific color.  Because you made a copy of the original channel, anything you do in one spot will automatically appear in the other.

This made a world of difference for me when trying to sequence RGB channels.

Wait WHAT?    Can you send me a copy of what you mean?  A sample sequence (don't need music just to see it of course if you want to :) 

So what you are saying is.. if i want Red... I can sort by red... etc? 

There are videos out there on various aspects of dumb rgb sequencing...the Color P)icker tool, adding rgb channels, etc..  I would first vist the LOR's sitge for tutorial videos, several are useful for rgb sequecning (ie color picker). 

If you do a google search by "rgb sequening lightorama", you'll find some more useful one. We can help by pointing you in the right direction but ultimately, you have to roll up your sleeve, dig in and do the research and exploration. 

I have found that while doing research on one subject, I've stumbled on tons of other info that will be useful at some point.

Ultimately, I think you're better off in the long run by investing in the research than having someone do it for you. 

BTW, lots of valueable info in past thread if you seeach on various topic.  Again, amazing how much useful info you stubmle on while doing this. 

24 minutes ago, mpageler said:

There are videos out there on various aspects of dumb rgb sequencing...the Color P)icker tool, adding rgb channels, etc..  I would first vist the LOR's sitge for tutorial videos, several are useful for rgb sequecning (ie color picker). 

If you do a google search by "rgb sequening lightorama", you'll find some more useful one. We can help by pointing you in the right direction but ultimately, you have to roll up your sleeve, dig in and do the research and exploration. 

I have found that while doing research on one subject, I've stumbled on tons of other info that will be useful at some point.

Ultimately, I think you're better off in the long run by investing in the research than having someone do it for you. 

BTW, lots of valueable info in past thread if you seeach on various topic.  Again, amazing how much useful info you stubmle on while doing this. 

Thanks for the Advice.  I would like to point out, I am not trying to get poeple to do my work.  However, when I started in this, I did it without input and ideas from others.  I watched the YouTube videos, and come year 2, when I shared my Sequences with others, and others with me.  I learned a lot by how people did things.  I DID Google RBG Sequences... I see a LOT OF PEOPLE using DMX (I just learned what that was) and how to setup networks via RBG.  I also seen a video where I shared it asking if it was a good idea... and I was told by a couple of my LOR Buddies not to do it that way.

I logged in and helped a few people and what took me 3-10 weeks to learn by trudging through, I was able to help them in an Hour or two.  I was hoping someone could do the same for me.

Please excuse me though if I offended your sensibilities. 

On 9/7/2017 at 4:07 PM, Santas Helper said:

So... OMG I am so excited I met you. (prob not you me haha).  I have TONS of CAT 5 pieces everywhere.   So I setup my RBG Dumb Strip lights to run off a spare 60' cat 5 I had sitting around.  AMAZING.  I twisted the pair to make 4 pair... Used Brown as Power, but Blue pair for Blue, Orange Pair for Red, and Green pair for Blue.   I am now going to add Cat 5 dongles to the end of all my Controllers and to the Strips and simply then run Cat 5 in between.

I compared it to running direct (I need to find a way to upload the video) and I can't tell the difference.  I did buy RBG Boosters in the off chance (cost me $1.79) I needed it... but I am not sure I am going to need it.  But I do have a 70' run I may need and if so, I will just add that boost to the end.  Amazing input and I couldn't be more happy!  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Septon said:

So... OMG I am so excited I met you. (prob not you me haha).  I have TONS of CAT 5 pieces everywhere.   So I setup my RBG Dumb Strip lights to run off a spare 60' cat 5 I had sitting around.  AMAZING.  I twisted the pair to make 4 pair... Used Brown as Power, but Blue pair for Blue, Orange Pair for Red, and Green pair for Blue.   I am now going to add Cat 5 dongles to the end of all my Controllers and to the Strips and simply then run Cat 5 in between.

I compared it to running direct (I need to find a way to upload the video) and I can't tell the difference.  I did buy RBG Boosters in the off chance (cost me $1.79) I needed it... but I am not sure I am going to need it.  But I do have a 70' run I may need and if so, I will just add that boost to the end.  Amazing input and I couldn't be more happy!  Thank you.

That's awesome Septon!!!! Glad to hear of your success.

And I'm excited to meet you as well as with others on here. A great bunch of folks makes this a happy home. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Septon said:

Wait WHAT?    Can you send me a copy of what you mean?  A sample sequence (don't need music just to see it of course if you want to :) 

So what you are saying is.. if i want Red... I can sort by red... etc? 

Correct.  Takes a little bit of work to setup but it makes it soo much easier.  PM me your e-mail and I'll send you something.

4 minutes ago, jfuller8400 said:

Correct.  Takes a little bit of work to setup but it makes it soo much easier.  PM me your e-mail and I'll send you something.

I can't say I understand it really... but the theory of it seems Genius!  pat@septon.ca if you will.   Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2017 at 1:48 PM, Santas Helper said:

That's awesome Septon!!!! Glad to hear of your success.

And I'm excited to meet you as well as with others on here. A great bunch of folks makes this a happy home. :)

My RBG CAT5 Setup btw...