Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Protege94

Pixel Software Question

Recommended Posts

Protege94    0

If I bought the new CCP-2 controller with two strands of 100 bullet pixels, would it be possible to make a matrix that is 8 pixels tall and 25 pixels wide (3" spacing)? I know logistically I can build the matrix but how hard would it be to sequence it in either the LOR Sequence Editor or the SuperStar Sequencer?

 

Currently I have the S4 Advanced license. I would either buy SuperStar or upgrade my Advanced license to the Pro license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    500

That's a pretty small matrix, but yes, either SuperStar or Pixel Editor can sequence it.  Personally I use SuperStar for everything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Protege94    0
27 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That's a pretty small matrix, but yes, either SuperStar or Pixel Editor can sequence it.  Personally I use SuperStar for everything.

 

Would the actual matrix sequencing be difficult in SuperStar? Since I would have the two strings of 100 broken into four horizontal lines of 25?

(I know this is small but this is my first dabble into pixels and I already have a fairly big AC display)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    500
11 minutes ago, Protege94 said:

Would the actual matrix sequencing be difficult in SuperStar? Since I would have the two strings of 100 broken into four horizontal lines of 25?

Nope.  Not an issue at all.

You would build a visualization that has the eight strips of 25 each.  That can be built any way you darn well want.  Then import that into SuperStar to set the configuration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. P    303

Just a heads up, if you do go with SS then you would need at least the 4 CCR license as your CCRII are bigger then the original CCR. You need to be able to cover at least 600 channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Protege94    0
1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Nope.  Not an issue at all.

You would build a visualization that has the eight strips of 25 each.  That can be built any way you darn well want.  Then import that into SuperStar to set the configuration.

 

 

I just didn't know if it would be an issue since the pixels would be on the matrix in an "S" type pattern. I think with 25 pixels wide and 8 pixels high I should be able to make decent effects for the first year and then next year move to a mega tree.

 

52 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Just a heads up, if you do go with SS then you would need at least the 4 CCR license as your CCRII are bigger then the original CCR. You need to be able to cover at least 600 channels.

Yea I have already thought of this but I would buy a much larger license to cover myself for next year and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×