Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Configuration in Superstar

NJJohn

I originally placed this question in the Cosmic Color Device Forum and I think it really should have been in this one.

I have searched the forums and watched the tutorial videos but have not had any luck trying to find how to do what I want to do.  I apologize in advance if it is somewhere on these forums or in a video somewhere and I didn't find it.  Here is what I am trying to do.  I have 6 sets of Cosmic Color Bulbs and I want to make mini trees out of them.  Since its a mini tree, I want each column in the tree to have only have 10 bulbs in it so each strand of 50 bulbs will give me to 5 columns of 10 bulbs.  How do I set that up in Superstar Sequencer to show a single strand of 50 bulbs making 5 columns of 10 bulbs in each tree?  I can only find how to create a tall tree utilizing all 50 bulbs in a single column.  Can this be done in Superstar?  Hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you.

John

No problem asking the question, I'm not aware of a tutorial that covers making a mini-tree in the visualizer, do the following:

Launch the Visualizer

Click on the "Tree Wizard" button, it is the 9th button from the left at the top

Click somewhere on the screen

In the Tree Wizard dialog box there is a drop down list labeled "Type of Channel Bundles / Fixture". In that dropdown select "CCR Edge to Center/Center to Edge"

For "Pixels per Bundle (CCR/DMX Pixels)" select 10

Set the options at the top appropriately depending on if it is a 180 degree tree, first bundle on the left etc.

Click on Ok

A dialog box will pop up that has 3 options, use the default which is the top option.

Double-click on the Prop in the Prop list on the right side of the screen

In the Prop Properties dialog box click on "Wizards" and run the channel wizard

Save the visualization

Launch superstar

click on File and then "Import visualization"

If you have further questions let me know.

Brian,

Thank you for those instructions.  I was actually looking for how to set it up the mini trees in Superstar so I can sequence it.  The above will not go to waste.  Looking at those instructions, I know for sure I would have asked how to set it up in visualizer after I got it set up in Superstar so thank you, you saved me the time of asking that question.  Do you know how to configure it in Superstar?

John

After importing a visualization into superstar you will be in "visualization mode." In "visualization mode" superstar gets all the unit ID and channel information from the visualization. So as long as you defined the unit IDs and channels correctly in the visualization then superstar will be configured correctly also.

The other issue is how the trees get laid out on the green sequencing grid in superstar. I just made two trees like you described and put them side by side, then I imported into superstar. In the import visualization dialog box select "vertical".

Then in superstar it laid the trees side by side on the green sequencing grid. It makes it easy to do morphs vertically and horizontally on the trees.

Give it a try, if you have further questions let me know.

Brian,

Thank you so much for the help.  I can't wait to give it a try when I get home.  I will be sure to ask if I come up with any other questions.

John