Light-O-Rama Forums
stevehoyt

is next beta release coming soon?

stevehoyt    1

Hi

I finally have all my ducks in order and am extremely pleased with the new features and stability of the beta releases. I am now ready to begin converting all my 2016 programs to their 2017 versions along with adding a bunch of new things to my display. I believe I saw, in one of these threads, that there were going to be changes in the next beta version related to importing channels.  It caused multiple copies of the channels to show up. As I am importing a lot of props and changing a lot of channels and controllers I'd prefer to use the latest version when I start. I can't find the thread however and maybe I just dreamt I saw it.

In any case, I was just wondering if the next beta is soon to be released.

If it is I can hold off for awhile.

If not no big deal.

Thanks

Steve

DevMike    429

Hey Steve.

We had actually planned on having another Beta release last Tuesday.  Unfortunately, we had several other things happen that pulled our attention away from getting that out the door.

The people that are the most crucial to the beta are both in Texas in the midst of all the flooding.  We are now in a holding pattern until we hear from them.

dibblejr    379

Looks as if it may be quite a while.

Hope they are doing better than about 1/2 of the state.

JR

k6ccc    500

I just looked (never had before) and Matt's listed location is Spring, Texas which is in the northern suburbs of Houston.  Brian (Superstar) is listed as Allen, Texas which is about 25 miles northeast of Dallas, so he should be OK, but Matt has likely got far higher priorities than the next beta release right now.

Best wishes for Matt and his family and home.

DevMike    429

Matt and Brian are both OK, however they could be indisposed for a little while while things settle down.

We are looking at getting a new beta out Tomorrow, but things are fluid at this time.

DevMike    429

I have received word that we have started building the next beta release.  Should be out later today or tomorrow.