Light-O-Rama Forums

Real NEWB with RGB

racerc20

Ok I dived in with the sale and bought the flood light, RGB package.  I have the S4 software Basic Plus Level.  Halloween will be 2 16 ch lor controllers and now a RGB Flood system.  Christmas will be 3 controllers and the flood system.

Does anyone have or have seen a tutorial about controlling the RGB I have 0 experience in sequencing and controlling them. 

Second question, can I swap a flood out and use a dumb ribbon or dumb string of pixels or dumb string of rgb LEDs

Thanks in Advance everyone.

1 hour ago, racerc20 said:

Second question, can I swap a flood out and use a dumb ribbon or dumb string of pixels or dumb string of rgb LEDs

Yes you can.  Just a note that this does not apply to smart pixels - only dumb RGB

This board will just get daisy chained into my 2 or 3 other controllers correct?  It does not have to run on a seperate network?  

I just address the board set it in the software,  sequence and play? 

Carl.

Video was very good.

Yes the board can be daisy chained with your other controllers. However, the unit ID is set by the dip switches on the board and not in the software like your other controllers.

To set the address with the dip switches you will need to refer to the manual page 20.

http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/CMB24D_Man_Web.pdf