Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Matrix Questions

MetalMatrix

2 minutes ago, christmascrossing said:

@caniac, doesn't look like your photos uploaded correctly...can't see them.

they work for me, you have an email I can send the pics too?

you can send them to darkpato@telus.net, I also wonder how you have the matrix playing with you LOR's if its possible you might be able to discuss that to give me a idea how it is sequence to your show.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, MetalMatrix said:

you can send them to darkpato@telus.net, I also wonder how you have the matrix playing with you LOR's if its possible you might be able to discuss that to give me a idea how it is sequence to your show.

Thanks

currently I am using it with xLights, have talked to others here and recently found out that I can put it in bridge mode and use it with LOR.  I have not tested it, should be nothing more than adding the ip address in network config with universes assigned and then adding it as a device in LOR.

Thanks Got them. Looks great, I may have further questions later when I have completed my research. I spent most of the day trying to understand the system.

1 minute ago, MetalMatrix said:

Thanks Got them. Looks great, I may have further questions later when I have completed my research. I spent most of the day trying to understand the system.

just let me know

New restrictions that PB put on a lot of us "power users" they want $399 per year from now on. This has been covered here by myself and at least Santas Helper. This just started a couple months ago.

Extorsion at its best. I have been using PB since it begin.

Ince I get my 20,000 or so pics downloaded I'm done.

JR

14 minutes ago, christmascrossing said:

All my photos go to Amazon, great service, plus a lot of extra bonuses

Just like everything else once they see the $ signs it's over.

The best thing for people to do is pull their pics and ultimately they will no more.

Tbeir tactics came without any notice, just those broken pics as above.

I read an article about it last week and it is backfiring, how many people want to pay $399 per year? And what happens next, price increase for Super Power Users, I used mine for my car forum mainly but had at least 50% of every pic I took for many years.

I will have to look at Amazon

JR

You can make your matrix as big or small as you want.  It's all up to how much work and DIY you want to put into it.  My matrix is 126 x 63 pixel nodes (32' x 16')  I built mine using Holiday Coro's PixNode Nets 3" on center, and 2 Pixcon 16's.  Keep in mind your viewing distance will also determine how close you need your pixels.  I used Pixel Editor to sequence my matrix, SS will do the same, as well as the others posted in this forum. 

7 hours ago, MetalMatrix said:

If I decided to go for one of these packages should I go for 12v or 5v? I am assuming 12v would be better bet.

http://store.lightorama.com/plpipade.html

as I have always understood it, you can push 100 12v pixels from one RGB output (without power injection) or 50 5v pixels from one RGB output.  I have always gone with 12v.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, christmascrossing said:

@caniac, doesn't look like your photos uploaded correctly...can't see them.

Good news, photo's uploaded correctly

Bad news, Photobucket wants to charge me $399 per year to allow me to share what belongs to me.

will attempt to download and close that.

On 8/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, christmascrossing said:

All my photos go to Amazon, great service, plus a lot of extra bonuses

went to Amazon but got confused with what I need to download and use to just share photo's on the forum.  Suggestions?

54 minutes ago, caniac said:

went to Amazon but got confused with what I need to download and use to just share photo's on the forum.  Suggestions?

If you sign up for the Amazon Prime accounts its $99 a year plus Prime shipping. Ive had Prime for a few years but didn't realize it included photo storage. Much better deal than anything PB can offer us now.

JR