Light-O-Rama Forums

pixie 16 confused with 62 pixels/string

Trickyd

Hello dear people

I am a bit confused how to set logical resolution with 62 pixels/string. I know 50 would be simpel, ok. I know how to set to 62 pixels/string. AndI do have 62 pixel per string, as it came out the best way for me in my props. most even distributed pixel distance.

logical resolution would work only when set to 50 pixels per string,  I did read well??  but what setting should it be in my case?  50, 100, or will it be ignored totally?

Who knows the exact answer?

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

• 1 month later...

When the number of pixels is anything other than 50, the only logical resolution that works is "1", which makes the string will look like a dumb rgb ribbon. Any resolution other than "1" when the number of pixels is other than 50 means the controller will operate at full resolution.

4 hours ago, LightORamaJohn said:

When the number of pixels is anything other than 50, the only logical resolution that works is "1", which makes the string will look like a dumb rgb ribbon. Any resolution other than "1" when the number of pixels is other than 50 means the controller will operate at full resolution.

That's odd.  Perhaps that applies only to CC* pixels?

I've got a number of props with 66 pixels (12V bullet nodes) which I run from Pixie4 and Pixie8 controllers set to 100 pixels per output and they work just fine.

• Thanks 1

Maybe a different wording. If you set the number of pixels to anything other that 50 with the Hardware Utility, the only logical resolution that you can set in the Hardware Utility that does anything is 1. If you set the logical resolution in the Hardware Utility to anything other than "1" with pixels strings that are not 50 pixels, the logical resolution is ignored and you get the full resolution of whatever number of pixels you configured.

Good afternoon, 

ok, it is clear now, just ignore the setting when using other pixelcount.

thank you

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

• The topic was locked