Light-O-Rama Forums

PC Members

NWSanta

Hey Guys,

I realize that Chuck has upgraded Planet Christmas to a new system but, am I the only one that finds the navigation over there confusing? It seems like there are a few more bugs than anticipated.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I hope the viewing gets better cause I really like it the way that it was.

Stay tuned I Guess

-Evan

I agree it's confusing. I thought it was only me but I'm glad to see it's not.

I find it is not as comfortable as before, bUt I am am really glad we switched to this new board. It will be better. I love the Blog and the flexibility.

We need more options for skins with an option to have the buttons at the top instead of on the side.

I would like less sub categories.

I am hoping that Chuck makes some improve soon. I know in the long run this is a good thing.

Michael Beason

I hear ya Evan, I find I'm spending more and more of my time here and on CC.

I'm glad he switched ... but they have crippled it for no reason it appears, probably with a terrible starting template/theme ... and its clear Chuck has a huge learning curve ahead of him, so he doesn't know how to change it yet. He needs help. Just take a look at doityourselfchristmas ... looks 20 times nicer. He needs to ask for help.

The main thing is the lousy left side bar which takes up too much horizontal real estate. Its a MESSAGE board ... its about viewing MESSAGES and writing MESSAGES.

So you don't want something fairly useless taking up so much room, taking away from the messages. THe buttons are better suited on the top, where they take up only 1 line of veritical real estate, not 20 characters out of every line in the horizontal plane.

Of course, LOR boards seems to use a sidebar and I'm less annoyed by it. I think the colors here are way less distracting and more relaxing ... and were "used" to it.

Then the limitation on avatar size is also way too smal. Now everyones avatar either had to be replaced or looks crappier.

These are just settings that need to be addressed and corrected. I'm sure it will happen over time. He should just ask for assistance from an expert.

In my opinion, WAY too many sub-forums. Looks very unorganized right now(which I'm sure is the opposite of what they were going for).

Update was needed. Current board is a little busy with all the sub-catagories. I think Chuck is doing a good job. As a youth sports coach, I try no to criticize too much over something I am not willing to do myself.

Chuck has always done a great job, and I'm sure he will continue to do so. But he has me and my wife both so confused on the new site that we now spend 99% of our time here and 1% on PC. A lot of good info was and maybe still is on there, but we cant find it. Maybe its just me being an old man???

Lets be honest ... the new board is a lot worse and thats why people are complaining. We all know Chuck is a good guy and tries real hard ... and is trying hard to make it better (or so I hear).

Chuck seems in over his head on this and needs help or is afraid to ask for it / pay for it. Its a learning curve, but the members aren't being informed of whats going on from Chuck himself, so we hear bits and pieces from chuck insiders. Its not a real comfortable feeling right now.

Whenever you take 10,000 members and throw them into something totally different and initially worse, you will get complaints. The old board had outgrown itself, but we jumped on the new format without it being ready or pre-tested/pre-configured ... so its now like being a beta tester for vbullitan and its painful.

I also am spending way less time on PC ... because its so much less enjoyable and less functional currently.

It's too bad, I'm sure that there are lots of us out there that would be more than willing to help him. It's a shame that such a great resource has been messed with. I'm spending more time here and in our Canadian forum than PC. I use to go to PC 3 or 4 times a day and now it's like 1 to try and find stuff.

I hope that it get's sorted out or somewhat organized. It would have been nice to have a test site with some posts/threads instead of an immediate switch that makes it hard to find stuff.

Hopefully it will get better cause, it's right near impossible now.

-Evan

OK I am a newbie in here 1st post... several year lurker over there... Im not sure what a BFPCG is... but I do find the new boards tedious to manipulate. On a positive note it has limited some of the "YAPPERS" to only a few posts...

Adam

I miss getting all the posts as emails. It's very tedious to work thru the new messages in all the forums.

I'm glad it's not just me... I used to spend 1-2 hours a day at PC, mostly looking through old posts. Now I don't think I spend 15 minutes a week.

I don't know the reasons it "had" to change, I'm just bummed I can't look through a list of old posts like it used to be (and how LOR is now.)

Well, at least it gives me more time to sequence.
(and with almost 360 channels this year, I need it)

Scott

I really dislike that the forums (from PC site) loads in a new window ... and the planetchristmas site loads so dang slow with all the fancy junk it now has.

Just look at all the alternative sites popping up ... it says a lot.