Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Preview

caniac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thats just awesome.  Great job!  I feel like I need to go down this road next year.  After I figure out what I have. :)

22 minutes ago, Septon said:

Thats just awesome.  Great job!  I feel like I need to go down this road next year.  After I figure out what I have. :)

will post a new video later, gotta find a song that YouTube won't block. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Septon said:

How do you add the video in the window?

That looks awesome bud.

Using a P10 matrix running Falcon Player, Falcon Player pushes the video to matrix.

I think some people I've ordered the outdoor P10s only to find out that they don't have the correct scan rate to work with the pi and The Matrix adapter. 

When you order these panels you got to be very careful to get all the specifications right, or make sure you go with a trusted vendor. 

17 hours ago, caniac said:

yes and no, those are outdoor rated.  Mine are indoor and my P10 matrix is mounted inside my picture window.  I paid $8 per panel.  The frame I am using has a groove in it where I can slide plexiglass front and rear to make it waterproof.

http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=455

Dude my mind is BLOWN!  I didn't know we could add this to our shows.  

I am certainly going to walk down this path.  So, you can add this to sequences in LOR and it will play the video so it is all in sync?  This is awesome!

I do like the idea of buying indoor and building my own water proof frame.  Saving half the cost.  I have a good friend in the glass business so that should be cheap.

So you simply just add as many cards as you want to make the size?  All run by a PC? (or what ever computer device.)

Just now, Septon said:

Dude my mind is BLOWN!  I didn't know we could add this to our shows.  

I am certainly going to walk down this path.  So, you can add this to sequences in LOR and it will play the video so it is all in sync?  This is awesome!

I do like the idea of buying indoor and building my own water proof frame.  Saving half the cost.  I have a good friend in the glass business so that should be cheap.

So you simply just add as many cards as you want to make the size?  All run by a PC? (or what ever computer device.)

And it just translates the video for me? IE I took a video from Youtube... it just matches it the best it can?

again yes and no.  Take a youtube video and convert it to an MP4 and upload that to the Falcon Player.  If you go the BeagleBoneBlack and Octoscroller route then you can connect up to 96 of the P10 panels together.  The BBB and FalconPlayer convert and manage the video.  In my case I am using xLights and once I setup the P10 I just drag and drop the MP4, then click on the scale to fit check box and I am off to the races.  It can be used thru LOR if you set the FPP to bridge mode.  I have yet to hear what level of support S5 has for it but given how much it "resembles" xLights I would think you will have support for other modes.

I wasn't comfortable using the P10 with S4 or Beta S5 so I imported my stuff to xLights and am running it that way.