Light-O-Rama Forums

Fog machine relay

woodinvillejohn

18 hours ago, woodinvillejohn said:

The boards are filled with recommendations for Froggy's Fog juice.  Some of the mixtures out there claim they are denser and lay lower to the ground.  I think Froggy's has 3 or 4 types.  I haven't really compared the different ones so can't offer too much personal experience.  I have always tried  to stick with the denser types and been happy.

Froggys fog is good stuff.  I have used it since 2010. The "Swamp Juice" is some pretty thick very long lasting fog. My house fills the entire neighborhood with fog every year. It's less than $25 a gallon shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Froggys-Fog-Swamp-Juice-1-Gallon-long-lasting-extreme-hang-time-fog-fluid-/131281154543

They do have a fog chiller one for use in fog chillers. That stuff I heard works great. But have not used it. Just google froggys fog.  They have several different types of mixtures. You can even buy it in 55 gallon drums or single gallons.

One of the most important things to do is take the time *that night* after use to clean your fog machine. Heck clean it 2-3 times if need be. Just run the cleaner through it. I have gone through 5 of the cheap chauvet fog machines since 2010 all due to our lack of proper cleaning. They clog easy. Sure they are cheap but trust me, Buy the cleaner and save yourself the headache. You can get cleaner pretty cheap. The last 2 years I have not had to replace fog machines since I finally purchased some fog machine cleaner.

I'm actually considering buying this relay as well. Looks promising. Wont have to rubber band the controller button anymore and fill fog every hour lol.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

• 9 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 11:45 AM, bryan.hurley5 said:

I'll make a video real quick with information that may help. I'll post it here when I'm done. :)

Thank You for the video!  I tried it and it works perfectly!  Makes me wonder what else I can do with it!   

Appreciate you sharing the video!

Mike

38 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Thank You for the video!  I tried it and it works perfectly!  Makes me wonder what else I can do with it!   

Appreciate you sharing the video!

Mike

No problem, glad it helped!!! I just opened a whole new world to you :)

• 5 months later...

I use a spare 1500 box I had laying around.  I have several machine through out the yard running from relays that I keep in one box..   However, before that, when I only had one, I used a small plastic tube.  Doesn't really give off any heat worth noting.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a fog machine that whistled all the time for my Halloween display. Opened the case, disconnect the speaker plug from the board. Randomly check the fluid level so it doesn’t get empty and then a hassle to fill and get it to run again sometimes.

• The topic was locked