Light-O-Rama Forums

k6ccc    499
21 minutes ago, caniac said:

When you say LOR network are you referring to hardware only or it and software?  

I am using interactive sequences in my show.  That means that I must be able to poll input devices (InputPup, ServoDog, or some controllers).  That does not function when using a DMX network (particularly DMX that arrived via E1.31).  That means it must be a LOR network over RS-485.  The use of interactives also requires that the Show Player understands how to process and react to an interactive trigger.

caniac    215
3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I am using interactive sequences in my show.  That means that I must be able to poll input devices (InputPup, ServoDog, or some controllers).  That does not function when using a DMX network (particularly DMX that arrived via E1.31).  That means it must be a LOR network over RS-485.  The use of interactives also requires that the Show Player understands how to process and react to an interactive trigger.

as much as I would like to I can't answer that one.  I do know both the alphapix and falcon support rs485 but can't answer on the other items.  I plan on running a Raspberry Pi as my Master and then set the P10 to slave mode, from my network switch I will connect my Falcon and AlphaPix then using a crossover cable add my LOR controllers.  If you want I will update you as I setup and test everything.

caniac    215
14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

FWIW, next Halloween the plan is to build a pirate ship in my front yard - a big one.  At that time I will look into Servodogs, et al for my talking skeletons.