Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix size?

RedWhitingBlue

4 hours ago, caniac said:

As I understand it if you put your Falcon Player in Bridge mode it works with LOR, so far I love the resolution.  Setting it up in xLights is easy peesy but have yet to config and test in LOR.

Dang, you been holding out on me. That is really nice

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

Dang, you been holding out on me. That is really nice

JR

not holding out, that was done in xLights.

Just now, caniac said:

and I am technically under the weather no less!! :)

Fortunately for all of us they haven't found a way to spread germs over texting

Just now, dibblejr said:

Fortunately for all of us they haven't found a way to spread germs over texting

no germs, surgery!!

The matrix's can be as large as you want or as small as you want (that would still count as a matrix). If fyou got the know how and the ability,  I say go for it. I am doing a 24x50, 4 - 8x21s and a 31x21 this year. Can't wait to get them up on the house.

20 hours ago, BMurray said:

The matrix's can be as large as you want or as small as you want (that would still count as a matrix). If fyou got the know how and the ability,  I say go for it. I am doing a 24x50, 4 - 8x21s and a 31x21 this year. Can't wait to get them up on the house.

thought about a 24x50 but wanted it to fit my picture window, only way to accomplish that plus get close to HD quality was a P10.  Was on the fence until I saw them demo'd at the OKC mini.

I was doing a 2-inch spaced  Matrix in my window and most anything but text didn't show very well. So I ended up making a couple of P10 Matrix panels to use in the show and the pixel Matrix net that I made up is now a complete waste that's never going to see the show. If you wanted to use Lor to control P10 panels you would have to set your fpp in bridge mode and drive it with  E1.31. My original Matrix was about 4 foot by 5 foot. 

4 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

I was doing a 2-inch spaced  Matrix in my window and most anything but text didn't show very well. So I ended up making a couple of P10 Matrix panels to use in the show and the pixel Matrix net that I made up is now a complete waste that's never going to see the show. If you wanted to use Lor to control P10 panels you would have to set your fpp in bridge mode and drive it with  E1.31. My original Matrix was about 4 foot by 5 foot. 

how do you config in LOR and can you push video to it?

I wish I could tell you how to do it in LOR but I honestly don't know. I'm sure you would need to set it up in pixel editor the same way you would and xlights. It should have the same capabilities because it was copied from xlights and they brought Matt Brown over. I did a quick test pushing to P10 panels with E1.31 and you can see even when I was pushing complex data to run video it didn't bog down at all. 

I thought I would add, in the video you can see my rolled-up pixel Matt sitting on the floor unused ( what a waste).

Edited by Ebuechner

so I would have to setup in Pixel Editor and config there, import my LMS files to it?  S4 or S5?

Edited by caniac

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

so I would have to setup in Pixel Editor and config there, import my LMS files to it?

I wish I could tell you that for sure. I would hope that S5 would have more capabilities and can do this but Lor has been struggling to keep up with technology, and with a conversation I had with a higher up in LOR I got the impression that they were focused on people mainly doing AC lights. But that conversation was a while ago. You can also reach out to me in the X lights and falcon forums I'm using the same name.

There's no way that sequence editor could handle that amount of data without bringing it to a screeching halt. 

Just now, Ebuechner said:

I wish I could tell you that for sure. I would hope that S5 would have more capabilities and can do this but Lor has been struggling to keep up with technology, and with a conversation I had with a higher up in LOR I got the impression that they were focused on people mainly doing AC lights. But that conversation was a while ago. You can also reach out to me in the X lights and falcon forums I'm using the same name.

There's no way that sequence editor could handle that amount of data without bringing it to a screeching halt. 

I am over on xLights under the same name, just look for noobie getting ragged on!! lol

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

I am over on xLights under the same name, just look for noobie getting ragged on!! lol

Yes I'm aware that you're there that's why I mentioned it. I read your recent posts is was going to respond but it looked like somebody else started to help you. 

41 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

Yes I'm aware that you're there that's why I mentioned it. I read your recent posts is was going to respond but it looked like somebody else started to help you. 

some days I think I have it figured out and other days I am on the short yellow struggle bus.

yeah, the more I look at your P10 displays, the more I think we will eventually just be using "old" Flat Screen TVs (probably cheaper if you think about the cost / time it takes to hand build P10 displays).

If you really want that UHD look just go with projection. Would probably be cheaper too and definitely easier.  

3 hours ago, christmascrossing said:

yeah, the more I look at your P10 displays, the more I think we will eventually just be using "old" Flat Screen TVs (probably cheaper if you think about the cost / time it takes to hand build P10 displays).

depending on size P10's may actually be cheaper unless you start yard sailing for 40" to 50" flat panels, only issue there is those aren't always great outdoors.