Light-O-Rama Forums

Repeat mode/fireworks

niklas-tgs

Im sitting here trying to find out the best way to do fireworks with PE.

One way is to use meteors effect that goes upwards, but they are a bit random.

What I Think looks the best is to use the bars effect with 3D and highlight. But it keeps repeating, so its very hard to control. I miss a "Repeat mode" option, which is present for some other effects so the effect could play only once during the effect duration.

Is the only way to trim the duration in the timeline til it only plays once?

How do you guys do fireworks?

firework.jpg

I know that you are asking about the Pixel Editor, but I wanted to point out that this is much easier to do in S5 (a beta version available now in the Important Announcements forum). In S5, use the "Single Block" effect -- I've attached an example displayed on a fan prop which has 4 arms.

Matt

Single Block on fan.png

Looks good. Will there be any new effects like this released for S4 Pixel Editor?

I've seen the S5 beta, but havn't tried it yet. I was thinking that I'll wait for official release, depending how far away it is, but im very tempted to download it. :)

43 minutes ago, niklas-tgs said:

Will there be any new effects like this released for S4 Pixel Editor?

No there won't. We are focused on making S5 the best it can be.

Matt

I have done a few work arounds for this in the past.  There are multiple ways, but I broke up the prop in the preview so each ray has it's own line in the list of props.  I then used the "Text" option using a single letter for each section I wanted to "chase."  The whole letter won't fit, but gives you that "chase" look.  You just have to play around a bit til you find what you like, and yes, sometimes it comes down to trimming the timeline just right.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 7:08 AM, Little_b said:

I have done a few work arounds for this in the past.  There are multiple ways, but I broke up the prop in the preview so each ray has it's own line in the list of props.  I then used the "Text" option using a single letter for each section I wanted to "chase."  The whole letter won't fit, but gives you that "chase" look.  You just have to play around a bit til you find what you like, and yes, sometimes it comes down to trimming the timeline just right.

Thanks. That actually works. The text option has a repeat box which can be unboxed, so it only "chases" once.