Light-O-Rama Forums

PIxcon16

kcurryb7

Hope someone can help me figure out what enclosure I can put my controller into and also what power supply I need. I will only need to power up leaping arches.

Thanks

Kevin

Most of my controllers that are not in protected locations are in standard electrical boxes.  A lot of people use the enclosures normally used by cable TV companies.

As for power supply, that depends on what voltage you need and how much power you will require.  Here are links to what I have used for both 12 volt and second, 5 volt supplies.  These links are on Ray Wu's store direct from China.  Since you're new and likely have never seen this, a little more information.  Many of us order from Ray Wu's store on Alibaba (the Chinese version of Amazon).  Ray understands our requirements pretty well so he's pretty easy to deal with.  The important part is that if you are going to order from him, send him a message (there is a link on the website) with a list of exactly what you want, and request a quote.  The quote will generally save a LOT on shipping.  The Alibaba automated shipping calculator bases on shipping each item individually, so it will cost a lot more.  When you then place the order, you are doing it for the quote, not the individual items.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/12V-350W-switch-mode-power-supply-LED-power-driver-AC90-260V-input-DC12V-350W-output-constant/701799_1948832565.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.CKxo2I

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5V-350W-switch-mode-power-supply-LED-power-driver-AC90-260V-input-DC5V-350W-output-constant/701799_1948831534.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.7P2Fwv

5 hours ago, kcurryb7 said:

Where did you get the CG-1500 enclosure from?

I got mine at the Holiday Coro spring sale. But it is available elsewhere.  >$30 is NOT a good deal. Especially if they charge S&H

Most stores like Home Depot or Lowe's have these enclosures.

Make sure to consider all of your controller locations before buying. These boxes get expensive if you need many of them. If you can group controllers together, you may want to use a larger container like a plastic tub or a wooden box. I have a mega tree that requires two controllers so I use a low profile plastic tub to contain all controllers and power supplies.

• Like 1

Ebay or Amazon will be your friend. Due to power requirements I use a huge box(s) for my pixie16's. They are large enough to hold 2 PS's, the pixie 16, 2 vents and still have room for the wires. I paid $40 on ebay but as mentioned they are large. The CG 1500's just wouldn't work unless I wanted to have PS's in a separate box. I donated my 2 new CG 1500's to a good cause OKC mini raffle.

BTW- I paid around $15 ea for my CG 1500's on Amazon end of last year.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

If you really want to go radical and don't mind wrestling with something smaller and lighter than a fully-loaded CG1500, put the controller in a CG2000 enclosure (it fits great) and go with a weatherproof power supply for which you don't need an enclosure.

• The topic was locked