Light-O-Rama Forums
RocketCitySanta

SCC08 SuperStar Smooth Effects direction arrow off the grid

SCC08

SuperStar 5.0.4

Windows  10.0.14393

Toshiba Satalite S55-A Intel Core i7 3630QM @2.4 GHz 12 GB Ram

In a new sequence I inserted a SuperStar for 3 seconds and chose Shockwave under Smooth Effects.  I placed the direction arrow off the grid up in the effect layers.  I tried to intentionally do that and it is not possible.   It happens for all three Smooth Effects.  I moved the direction arrow by placing it withiin the grid.  this works but the effect changes.  Is there a way to actually extend the grid view to allow this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8vtA4uKbtKhcml3RzdiZEdUVEk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by RocketCitySanta

BrianBruderer    141

Sorry to take so long to answer this. Yes, you have found a weakness in the current interface. The direction arrow can be specified within the sequencing grid using the mouse clicks on the grid. But to move it outside of the grid you must use the fields in the Smooth Effects dialog box. 

It would be desirable to be able to specify the direction arrow to be out of the grid using clicks of the mouse on the screen, but it would require a redesign of the interface. For example, if the click falls on the timing layers the interface assumes you are trying to click on some effects in the timing layers, it has no way of knowing that you may be wanting to specify the time arrow there.

k6ccc    482
5 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

But to move it outside of the grid you must use the fields in the Smooth Effects dialog box. 

I can confirm that this works - both in S4 and S5.  I have quite a few smooth effects that have the direction arrow well outside the grid.  It does allow you to do some interesting variations on effects.

default    51

RocketCitySanta,

I have done some sequencing with Shockwave you may find helpful. It may not exactly what you are after but I wrote a mini tutorial on my adventures with using the Shockwave effect.
Rather than continue it in this thread I started another thread here. Hope it's helpful

Alan...