Light-O-Rama Forums
PhilMassey

Old Visualizer with S5.0.2

PhilMassey    62

I think I read a post a few days ago saying that the S4 Visualizer was working  wit S5 if you copied the exe from an S4 installation. 

I just tried it with 5.0.2 and it does work. I just put the executable back in the X86 folder and voila.

I don't know if LOR have any plans along these lines but It would be nice to be able to run an entire show for testing purposes and watch the Vis. There is currently no way except in Sequencer.( I think)

I also still think the Visualizer has better response than the preview window, but I could be wrong.

k6ccc    482

What is your definition of working?  Creating a new .lee file to use with SuperStar, or watching your show while it is playing either in the Show Player of Sequencer?

PhilMassey    62

OK, Sort of working. Seems you cant save or load any files except for the default including New.

Playback works though.

DevMike    429

Please remember that we do intend on removing all the back end code that supports things like the Visualizer.  That could come at any time in the future.  

Visualizer is not supported in S5. 

k6ccc    482
14 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Please remember that we do intend on removing all the back end code that supports things like the Visualizer.  That could come at any time in the future.  

Visualizer is not supported in S5. 

And without Visualizer, you functionally kill SuperStar since we won't be able to update visualizations that are imported into SuperStar.  Unless there is a MAJOR change in SuperStar integration into S5, those of us that do all or most of our sequencing in Superstar will be stuck in S4 forever.

BTW, I hope you DO make the SuperStar integration such that someone actually CAN sequence an entire song in SuperStar and add in a few Pixel Editor effects along the way.  Can't do that now.

PhilMassey    62

Like you Jim, I hope for the best from S5 but fear the worst.

I have 46 sequences which look like crap when I "convert" them to loredit and play files, so since I can't do anything useful with it, back  to S4 I guess.

B.Y.R.G.    79

I too have hope for S5 but not for using it this year.  Quite a few bugs and not many improvements (especially for SS) from what I can tell at this point.  In addition to being hit with the new forum upgrade and the bugs it has this is the classic recipe for the ole Double Whammy!  But with LOR's track record I'm betting it will all get sorted out in the end with a little time.