Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio interference

ebrown1972

Last year while running my show my audio would every once in a while sound as though it was receiving interference. Today while testing some sequences the interference would occur often. While the song is playing the audio will cut out here and there but is sounds like a quick and sudden grinding noise. It usually lasts about a half second or so and does it about 5-6 times per song. My computer was supplying the audio while playing the sequences. I did not have an fm transmitter hooked up. Does anyone know what will cause this and how to fix it. The audio was set at about 50% on the computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

try running the audio throught audacity will show if the problem is the mp3 then you can cut it out if it is use it to take bad words out

18 minutes ago, james morris said:

try running the audio throught audacity will show if the problem is the mp3 then you can cut it out if it is use it to take bad words out

All of my songs are converted from mp3 to a wave by audacity. The songs do it at different times even while using the same song. That's why I am thinking it's some type of interference and not the songs themselves. I will play around with audacity a little more and see if I can figure something out though. Thanks

Also I have noticed that my audio never cuts out when I am doing my sequencing or anything like that. It only cuts out when I actually have lights hooked up and testing my sequences out.

Have you defragged your HD? WAV files are big and the error may happen when disk  access can't keep up

Check your audio cables and plugs. Remove and re-insert a couple of times.

Might be a loose connection or bad cable.

34 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Have you defragged your HD? WAV files are big and the error may happen when disk  access can't keep up

I will try that. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Check your audio cables and plugs. Remove and re-insert a couple of times.

Might be a loose connection or bad cable.

No cables are hooked up. Running it straight thru the laptops internal speakers

Sometimes I have similar problems with digitally remastered music. Find the same song somewhere and try it. I run into the situation and even worse when composing singing faces sequences.

Let me add that sometimes my headset will do it if the usb plug comes out a tad.

JR