Light-O-Rama Forums
stevehoyt

Play Visible Turns off last effect used

stevehoyt    0

here is a sequence of events. I would prefer the last effect to stay selected. What do you think.

1) Create an effect in the effect generator.

2) Save the effect.

3) Select the effect and turn on for x number of cells.

Now my question.

If I decide I want to add a couple more cells and set the effect on all is well.

If however I use the play visible button and then decide I need to add a couple more cells I get the error " you must choose an effect" when I try to add it.

I then have to go back and reselect my last effect. I would hope that the last effect would remain selected regardless of using the play button or not.

Steve

default    51

Steve,

pe%20arrow.png

An easy way to do is when you want to re-apply a certain effect, click the blue arrow

click the effect on the grid you want to continue with,  the effect will show up in the Favorites Window

then click the green button, then apply effect where you want it. easy peasy :)

Alan...

Edited by default

MattBrown    78

Steve,

My concern with what you propose is: how do you know that play visible has stopped if after playback the Sequencer immediately starts playing the pre-playback effect.

Besides, as Default says, you can just click on the selected effect to make it current again after playback. Or if you like shortcut keys, just use the "E" key to re-select.

Matt

stevehoyt    0

Thanks for the suggestion default. Take my comments with a grain of salt, you folks are the experts and realize better than I the side effects of some of the things I am saying. 

Matt

For me it is easy to tell when my play visible has stopped....the music stops, the red bar stops moving , or the view changes back. I have not begun to explore zoomed views etc yet.. So As I said above, I don't begin to understand the "side effects" for more complex displays

In any case it seems intuitive to me that the last effect I was using should remain persistent until I change it. It seemed odd that hitting the play visible would negate it. 

In any case just my 2 cents as a new user of V5,

PS I never use shortcuts for what is worth. I see I may have to learn some now.

Steve