Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

5.0.2 SuperStar integration still lacking

k6ccc    482

I loaded 5.0.2 this morning hoping for some improvement in SuperStar integration.  Here are a couple of screen captures, and I'll let you determine what you think.  This first capture is my 12 x 50 pixel tree.  I am in scene mode and have selected a few boxes in the grid with the resulting pixels on the tree lit up.

5.0.2_SuperStar_tree.jpg

You can only select pixels from grid.  There does not appear to be any way to select only a single pixel.

And here is the 270 pixel star.  I have posted a similar screen capture from version 5.0.0.  This one is from 5.0.2.

5.0.2_SuperStar_star.jpg

Again, I have selected a few boxes in the grid with the corresponding pixels on the star lit up.

default    51

Thanks for posting Jim,

I was working on screenshots of the exact same thing, (different props though)
SE beta uses it's own preview when importing from SS, not taking in to account any .lee files made in Visualizer for Superstar. There is no way to load .lee files into the copy of SS that SE has opened. I tried :)

On a side note I have had some success with importing SS effect into SE.
When SE has opened a copy SS for creating effects, open another copy of SS with effects already done. (your original .sup file for whatever prop you are using)
Copy the effects from the SS copy of effects and paste them into the copy of SS that SE opened.
I have limited success with this and mainly on a matrix, which is viewed similar in both SE and SS. However it did move the Pixels to the left a couple and look goofy.

For all my other custom props it shows up very similar to what you are showing with visual representation of the prop instead of the .lee file version I sequenced for.

Alan...

MattBrown    78

Jim,

Did you re-import your Visualizer file after upgrading to 5.0.2? I understand why the star looks like it does, but the tree does not match the results I got from the sample .LEE file you sent me.

Matt

k6ccc    482

Actually I was using the preview that you had sent back to me last night that you had "fixed".  I sent you a direct E-Mail about that a while ago.

However, I  just tried it with a my original visualization re-imported into 5.0.2, and the tree works properly.  As you expected, the star is still hosed.