Light-O-Rama Forums
Z1347

Testing Sequences in S5

I created a new sequence in S5 and wanted to test it on my pixels. I used the control lights button in sequencer but it would not control my pixels. I tried assing the new sequence to a show and play it so I could see the sequence but the sequence does not show up as an option to be added to the show . It's coming up as a .loredit file instead of .lms file. Is there anyway to control pixels from the sequencer? Or how do I get this sequence added to a show? Thanks in advance!

As for playing in the show player:

On the menu > File > Create Playback files.

That will create the .lms or .las and .lid files if using them.

Can't help on playing within Sequencer as I have not tried that yet.

38 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

All I did was hit new musical sequence and anytime I save one it saves it as a .loredit file. My new sequences that I export from superstar show up as .lms but not the new ones created in sequencer.

Jim's response is correct; however, if your sequence won't play from the Sequencer it is highly unlikely that it will play using the Scheduler or Show On Demand or from an SSD card in a Director.

You mention that you have pixels.  OK, then we need to know more in order to focus in on what's wrong...

You are using it with a Pro license? Or Advanced license during the beta period?

Are you using version 5.0.0 or 5.0.2 (announced today)?

What kind of pixel controllers do you have?

How is your prop defined in S5 (in particular, the channel section)? LOR network or DMX network?

If defined as using an LOR network, is the network defined as "enhanced" in the Network Configuration/Preferences?

Is the LOR Control Panel running when you use Tools > Control lights? 

OK, enough questions for now...

Matt

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Jim's response is correct; however, if your sequence won't play from the Sequencer it is highly unlikely that it will play using the Scheduler or Show On Demand or from an SSD card in a Director.

You mention that you have pixels.  OK, then we need to know more in order to focus in on what's wrong...

You are using it with a Pro license? Or Advanced license during the beta period?

How is your prop defined in S5 (in particular, the channel section)? LOR network or DMX network?

If defined as using an LOR network, is the network defined as "enhanced" in the Network Configuration/Preferences?

Matt

Matt, I an running 5.0.0. I have the pro license.  I used the new musical sequence button. The sequence play fine on my preview but will not control the pixels when using the control lights button.

I have 2 pixie controllers with 32 sets of LOR pixels. I was able to test the pixels in hardware utility but on sequencer while using the control lights feature it will not run the pixels. The files from sequencer are saving as .loredit files while my superstar export sequences are still saving as .lms files. When trying to add sequence to the show it only shows my superstar export not the .loredit one  (My main sequence).

The channel configuration for the prop is set as LOR. I don't see the option to set is as enhanced network. 

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I hit the create playback files and it converted my sequence but now it won't allow me to edit the sequence . It says it's a protected sequence

28 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Matt

Matt, I did what was said above to create playback files and it turned my sequence into a protected sequence and took out all the pixel sequencing. The pixel tree no longer shows up in the preview when playing the sequence.

5 minutes ago, Z1347 said:

I hit the create playback files and it converted my sequence but now it won't allow me to edit the sequence . It says it's a protected sequence

Correct.  You will always edit the .loredit file.  To play the file from the Show Player, you create the playback files which will generate the play.lms file (which I assume is similar to a .lcs file (compressed sequence) in prior versions.
Yes, it's a change, but not that complicated..

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Correct.  You will always edit the .loredit file.  To play the file from the Show Player, you create the playback files which will generate the play.lms file (which I assume is similar to a .lcs file (compressed sequence) in prior versions.
Yes, it's a change, but not that complicated..

Ok. I tried playing the new sequence but after converting it, it took away all my pixel sequencing. The pixel tree no longer shows up in the preview when hitting play

10 minutes ago, Z1347 said:

The channel configuration for the prop is set as LOR. I don't see the option to set is as enhanced network. 

LOR Network Configuration/Preferences is a separate program. You need to go into it and mark your LOR network as "enhanced". See this PDF file at around page 8:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

Matt

13 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

LOR Network Configuration/Preferences is a separate program. You need to go into it and mark your LOR network as "enhanced". See this PDF file at around page 8:

Matt

Matt, you are a life saver. IT WORKED!. I was stressing out so much over it. Thank you so much!!!

On 7/28/2017 at 0:40 PM, MattBrown said:

Matt

Matt,

I ran into another problem. I now tried hooking up a regular light o rama controller to test regular lights and the sequencer is only controlling my pixel controllers. I tested the regular controller in the hardware utility and all is good so not sure why it won't control the controller in the sequencer.

Is the regular controller new enough that it can use an enhanced network, and is the LOR network that the controller is hooked to set to enhanced mode?

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Is the regular controller new enough that it can use an enhanced network, and is the LOR network that the controller is hooked to set to enhanced mode?

Its a generation 3 controller

Interesting.  A couple hours ago I set up my laptop with S5.0.4 loaded in order to test a bunch of stuff.  I ran a show on demand a couple hours ago and as far as I could tell in the bright sun, everything worked.  I about a hour, the evening show will start, and I'll get a better idea if everything is working.

Does the LOR controller has a blinking or solid green status LED on the PC board?

BTW, I will post a detailed report is the following thread:

Edited by k6ccc

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

And yes the network is set to enhanced. The sequencer is controllong the pixel controllers but not the regular one. The regular one is the first controller connected then the cat5 cable runs from the controller to the pixel controllers so it's not the cable or the ports. I'm stumped here

Interesting.  A couple hours ago I set up my laptop with S5.0.4 loaded in order to test a bunch of stuff.  I ran a show on demand a couple hours ago and as far as I could tell in the bright sun, everything worked.  I about a hour, the evening show will start, and I'll get a better idea if everything is working.

Does the LOR controller has a blinking or solid green status LED on the PC board?

BTW, I will post a detailed report is the following thread:

Yes all lights are solid. It worked fine in the hardware utility but when switching to sequencer or show on demand nothing happens

My first guess would be a difference in configuration between the preview and the actual controller.

My first guess would be a difference in configuration between the preview and the actual controller.

The prop I was testing isn't even in my preview I was just trying to test the effects that are set for those channels on another prop. 

If they are not in your preview, how did you sequence them?

BTW, the answer to that may have a lot to do with how unfamiliar I am with Pixel Editor (and therefore S5 Sequencer)?

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If they are not in your preview, how did you sequence them?

BTW, the answer to that may have a lot to do with how unfamiliar I am with Pixel Editor (and therefore S5 Sequencer)?

The prop that runs on the controller that I used to test the other prop just had basic chases and fades in the sequence I was using. Just wanted to test it to see what it looked like on the new prop. I need to buy another controller before I put this new prop in my preview as its new for this year and we didn't decide to put it on a controller until just the other day

In S5, a prop must be defined in the preview before it can be added to the sequence grid and before its lights can be controlled. If you have added chases and fades, it must be a prop...

Are you controlling the lights from the sequencer or from the show player? If the show player, did you recreate the playback files after you added the chases and fades?

Matt

3 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

In S5, a prop must be defined in the preview before it can be added to the sequence grid and before its lights can be controlled. If you have added chases and fades, it must be a prop...

Are you controlling the lights from the sequencer or from the show player? If the show player, did you recreate the playback files after you added the chases and fades?

Matt

The prop is defined. Basically I just wanted to test this new prop using those same effects and channels. Shouldn't it still control the channels that are defined in the sequence? I tried controlling them from both the sequencer and show on demand.

Matt, you might want to read the report I posted in the link 9 posts ago.  Although it is in the SuperStar section of the forum, I believe you will want to read it.

18 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Matt

Matt,

I tested a different controller today and still get nothing when testing the lights in sequencer. Not sure why its not working.