Light-O-Rama Forums

New look?

Mr. P

On 7/28/2017 at 7:29 AM, PhilMassey said:

I think the Ignore buttons have gone away.

Doh.......one of my favorite functions gone!  Please don't let The Story In 3 words thread show up. <_<

4 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Please check the ignore function again.  Remember, it should only be available in the Coffee Shop.

Just checked......didn't see it unless it's in a different spot?  What about the Sequence sharing forum?  I know the Ignore was available there too.

5 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Just checked......didn't see it unless it's in a different spot?  What about the Sequence sharing forum?  I know the Ignore was available there too.

Your account is in the same user group as my "user" account .. and I see it on that account. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilhh1og1t2axorw/lor-forums-ingore-button.PNG?dl=0

Coffee shop ignore is back, at least in Chrome in Android. 

It is not back in the Sequence Sharing page. It was there previously.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

You can't ignore the entire Sequence Sharing section, but you can ignore individual threads.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

My user account sees it there as well.

Will have to look into it later. 

43 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You can't ignore the entire Sequence Sharing section, but you can ignore individual threads.

Understood.

16 hours ago, k6ccc said:

"Ignore" feature. I have only used it to ignore certain individual (s). Does the ignore feature mean less email reminders is that what most are using it for?

Also, it is back in both the Coffee Shop and Sequence Sharing at least on my account. Its at the top, big red button.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Ok, so that is one down, one to go. 

Yes, I had forgotten that we also enabled the ignore function on Sequence Sharing.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

"Ignore" feature. I have only used it to ignore certain individual (s). Does the ignore feature mean less email reminders is that what most are using it for?

Also, it is back in both the Coffee Shop and Sequence Sharing at least on my account. Its at the top, big red button.

JR

No, I think most use it for the thread "Continue The Story In 3 Words..."   :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do a refresh in your browser and it will likely appear.  I've seen it for a couple of days in both the Coffee Shop and Sequence Sharing.  I wish I could "Ignore" the entire Sequence Sharing section rather than having to ignore each thread that generates very many messages.

As for what I use it for, I block threads so when I do a listing of most recent activity (how I normally look at the forum), I don't see threads that I have no interest in and generate lots of entries.

BTW, just checked tapatalk again, and it's still not working.  I'm asked to log in, but get an error message that only stays on screen for a second or two so I have not been able to copy the error message.

16 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

No, I think most use it for the thread "Continue The Story In 3 Words..."   :D

Its all in good fun, however the limitation is sometimes murder. :) Most of us are men of a thousand words.

Your BLUF in a nutshell "less email reminders". that's what I was thinking.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Do a refresh in your browser and it will likely appear.  I've seen it for a couple of days in both the Coffee Shop and Sequence Sharing.  I wish I could "Ignore" the entire Sequence Sharing section rather than having to ignore each thread that generates very many messages.

As for what I use it for, I block threads so when I do a listing of most recent activity (how I normally look at the forum), I don't see threads that I have no interest in and generate lots of entries.

BTW, just checked tapatalk again, and it's still not working.  I'm asked to log in, but get an error message that only stays on screen for a second or two so I have not been able to copy the error message.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/discover/28/

We've updated the forums and Tapatalk again.  Please see if you can now get to the forums via Tapatalk and let us know.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

We've updated the forums and Tapatalk again.  Please see if you can now get to the forums via Tapatalk and let us know.  Thanks!

Nope.  Still fails when trying to log in.  This time I was able to get a photo of the error message (it only stays on screen for about one second so I had not even been able to fully read it before).  Sorry about the screwy angle...

TapatalkErrorMessage.jpg

Note, if the photo does not show, wait a couple minutes and reload the page.  My server (where the photo is coming from) is doing a Windows Update induced reboot.

Edited by k6ccc