Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestion: Save the state of Floating Windows

k6ccc

I have thought of this many times, but never thought to submit it as a suggestion.

I always use Floating Windows when sequencing in SuperStar.  Normally I have the grid and visualization windows on my right monitor, and the main window on my left monitor.  It is an annoyance that I have to reset that configuration every time I open a sequence.  It would be nice if that layout would be saved.  Note that I am NOT suggesting that the layout be saved as part of the sequence, as that could cause all kinds of problems for someone who sequences on multiple computers that do not have the same monitor layout (that includes me).  Instead that configuration should be saved specifically for the computer being used - either just for that particular session (no matter how many different files are opened), or as a setting that is kept between sessions on that particular computer.  If this does not make sense, I can make some screen captures that might help.

Yes, that would be a good feature, and would not be hard to implement. I should be able to put that in this year.

Thanks Brian.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

• 3 weeks later...

Saving the location of floating windows is in the 4.3.24 release that came out today (8-17/2017)

Download and give it a try!

I've been using a beta version of this for the past week.  If you using floating windows - particularly with multiple monitors, this is great!  No more having to set the position of the windows every time you open a sequence.

Thanks again Brian!