Light-O-Rama Forums
  • Announcements

• DevMike

1/18/2018 - LOR has resumed operations after the fire   01/17/2018

As of 1/18 we have resumed operations.  On 1/16 a fire occurred in the same building that houses the main LOR offices and manufacturing.    More information can be found in 'Important Announcements'.    
stevehoyt

Toggle button

Just curious if the toggle button is supposed to be in V5 or has it gone. I can't seem to find it anylonger

Thanks

In what situations would you need the toggle tool? Would you expect it to be applicable to motion effect rows? If so, what would you expect it to do to motion effects?

Matt

It was purely an academic question on my part. I have 50 single color mini trees each on their own channel. I created a view for them and was playing with the chase tool. Since I had not used the chase tool much, I went back to some posts to figure out how to use it. I saw one post that used it and then used the toggle button to reverse the chase and was going to try it.

It appears Titus has a strong opinion on it, so I will defer to him.

Steve

On 7/24/2017 at 1:24 AM, MattBrown said:

In what situations would you need the toggle tool? Would you expect it to be applicable to motion effect rows? If so, what would you expect it to do to motion effects?

Matt

One major reason I use it if i design an effect and want to invert it I can easily do it with toggle. It's helpful in a few other situations for quick inverting. 

On 7/24/2017 at 0:24 AM, MattBrown said:

Matt

Using instant sequence in SS on non-RGB strings, sometimes blinks "on" too much. So I use the toggle a lot.

I copy the channel. Then toggle. Then paste to background. Now I'm blinking "off" instead of "on". Especially on props like arches and marty fans - looks real good real fast. 

Thank you for your feedback!

We will add this in an upcoming beta version. It will not be a toolbar function, but rather a right-click menu item under "Change Intensities".

Matt

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2017 at 10:54 PM, TitusCarnathan said:

Thanks for adding it back in. Is it possible for it to be setup to work with the G key again? 

It will be in the next beta release.

Matt

• Thanks 1