JamesWright

JMW-S5-001 Curtain Effect Not Working Properly

JamesWright    4

JMW-S5-001 Curtain Effect Not Working Properly
Module: S5-SE

Software Version: 5.0.0

OS Version: Windows 10

Description:
Using a musical sequence transferred from S4. The curtain effect is not working properly in my RGB sign prop. Instead of opening and closing across the entire prop, it only opens and closes across only the outside edges of the prop. There is also text in the prop and the curtain seems to flow around the text instead of covering it up as I originally intended (and as it did in S4). I found a fix to the immediate problem. I entered into the MEG and reversed the effects, from left to right, and that fixed the issue. I am reporting this because it is obviously and issue when converting to S5.

Repeatability: It happens every time on conversion from S4 to S5.

Hardware Used: Not a hardware issue.
The file is too large to attach.

Jim W

MattBrown    78

You mention that the sequence is too large to attach. Could you please attach a screen shot of the Effect Generator showing the incorrect settings? Thanks,

Matt

JamesWright    4

Attached is the requested screenshot. I hope you can get some actual information off of this very very very low res screenshot.

JMW Curtain Problem.PNG

default    51
1 hour ago, JamesWright said:

Attached is the requested screenshot. I hope you can get some actual information off of this very very very low res screenshot.

JMW Curtain Problem.PNG

James,

Your screenshot shows up as a picture not much bigger than a postage stamp, at least on my end, It almost looks like you attached the thumbnail instead of the picture.

Alan...

JamesWright    4

Default:

The problem is that they only allow 0.01 MB files. That gives us almost no picture size or resolution left - to get it that small.

default    51
2 minutes ago, JamesWright said:

Default:

The problem is that they only allow 0.01 MB files. That gives us almost no picture size or resolution left - to get it that small.

I'll pm you my email if you want to send a full size to me I will post it for you.

Alan...

k6ccc    482
12 minutes ago, JamesWright said:

Default:

Actually they allow a total of 500K.  You apparently have used almost all of your 500K.  What most of us do it upload the photo to someplace on the web, and post a link to it rather than the uploading the actual photo.  For example, the photo below (taken on Valentines day) is actually on my Newburgh Lights website which is hosted on my web server.  When I typed the url, the forum software automatically grabs the photo and inserts it (and gives the option to only post the link instead).

Valentines-1.jpg

Below, after typing the url, when given the option to display the link instead, I selected that option.  Now you can see what the link is (in case you wanted to).

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/Valentines-1.jpg

Most people don't have their own web server, but many do have a website for their show.  If not, you can use any number of public photo sharing locations such as DropBox, Google Drive, PhotoBucket, etc.

MattBrown    78

The problem isn't with the Curtain effect, it is that the "Mix Overlay" mode changed from the Pixel Editor to S5. It will be changing back in the next beta release. The S5 "Mix Overlay" mode will be renamed "Mix Alpha Blend". This is the same issue reported in this post:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/43569-effect-mixer-issues-with-imported-pe-props/

Matt

JamesWright    4

A retest in 5.0.4 shows that this is now working properly. Recommend that this bug be closed. Jim W