Light-O-Rama Forums
brichi

No way to chase across 8 arches

Now that everything is moved to S5 i cannot figure out how to do a chase from arch 1 all the way through to arch 8

I have the channels list and drag to do a chase but it only chases arch 1 pixel 1-50, i cant keep dragging the mouse to arches 2-8 because it says "all selected grid types must be the same" because motion effects is in the way and i cant get rid of that row without the channels disappearing. with SE i could just drag a chase across all 8 and it make it chase from arch1,pixel 1 thought to arch 8 pixel 50. How can we do this in S5?

Edited by brichi

I'm getting frustrated with S5, and I'm just trying it out with mostly no pixels, just old school contollers. 

anyone figure this out yet? I can chase across one arch by creating a channel level but if I create a channel level on all 8 arches I can do a chase across all 8 by simply selecting pixel 1 on arch one and dragging to pixel 50 of arch 8 like I could do in S4,SE.    

when I try now it says "when applying the chase effect, all selected gris rows must be the same".  But thats impossible being every arch has a motion effect row on it. there has to be an easier way

If you have your arches grouped can you move the motion effect row to the bottom of the group and name it arch 1 so you know what it is? Or if you don't need the motion row, right click and remove the motion row.

SPaschall

I need the motion row to do the effects and if you remove it it deletes any work you did in that row

and even grouped which i just tried it always throws in the motion effect row and you can't run a chase over that row

This will be fixed in the next beta release. When creating the chase, the first row of the selection will be used to determine the type of chase being performed. If it is a channel row, then it will only chase across the channel rows in the selection, skipping any motion effect rows. If the first row is a motion effect row, then the chase will only involve the motion effect rows in the selection.

There will also be a new menu option when you right click on the grid: Selected Area > Chase by Prop. This will perform the chase prop by prop instead of row by row. This can be useful when you have multiple motion effect rows per prop and want to chase the motion effect.

Matt