Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

5.0.0 How do you edit the RGB lights?

I know that this has to be a stupid question, but here goes. I have imported a 4.3.18 file into 5.0.0. Everything seems to be fine. However, I cannot figure out how to edit the pixel channels (RGB channels from PE). Where are they and how do you edit them? All I can see are the old SE channels. If you play the file everything shows up in the new visualizer window.

Edited by JamesWright

Jim,

See the attached PDF - slide 28 - Append and Reset prop commands will help you. We don't typically post presentations to the forums, but I wanted to get something out fast to help you and others learn S5.

Matt

Expo2017-TraditionalLights.pdf

Thanks Matt for the documentation.

I liked the potential of pixel editor, and having it more integrated into the sequence editor will definitely help usability.

Have you or are you planning to offer the ability for us amateur developers to create custom effects, like plugins?

One desire I have, and not sure if pixel editor could do it, or would require some other software interface is the ability to add a variable to a text output.  For instance I'd like to create a countdown to Christmas message with the days calculated based on computer clock, and able to be updated every day perhaps by a system variable.

Thanks,

Jeff

3 minutes ago, christmascrossing said:

Have you or are you planning to offer the ability for us amateur developers to create custom effects, like plugins?

One desire I have, and not sure if pixel editor could do it, or would require some other software interface is the ability to add a variable to a text output.  For instance I'd like to create a countdown to Christmas message with the days calculated based on computer clock, and able to be updated every day perhaps by a system variable.

Thanks,

Jeff

S5 supports effect plugins. We will publish the API, but publication date is tbd.

The way effects work does not lend itself to text variables. If you just want days until Christmas, you could create a simple sequence for each day and schedule those sequences to match the day.

Matt

7 hours ago, MattBrown said:

S5 supports effect plugins. We will publish the API, but publication date is tbd.

The way effects work does not lend itself to text variables. If you just want days until Christmas, you could create a simple sequence for each day and schedule those sequences to match the day.

Matt

does it support P10 matrix's?

32 minutes ago, caniac said:

does it support P10 matrix's?

If the P10 panels are controlled using the Falcon Player software and the Falcon Player is in "Bridge Mode", then yes, they can be controlled just like any other E1.31 device. I've tested it and it works.

Matt

Just now, MattBrown said:

If the P10 panels are controlled using the Falcon Player software and the Falcon Player is in "Bridge Mode", then yes, they can be controlled just like any other E1.31 device. I've tested it and it works.

Matt

sweet, does V5 support sending video (MP4) to the P10?

Matt:

Thanks for the information. It took me awhile to figure out what slide 28 meant and how to use it. I finally figured out that I had to add a view with the RGB props in it to see and edit those items.

I have a suggestion (I don't know whether you want it here or in the "bugs" section). I would suggest that, by default (or option) if, when importing to S5, a sequence contains both standard channels and RGB effects channels, another view be automatically generated for the RGB props. That would make it much easier to figure out how to use S5 and make the conversion to S5 more complete from the user's point of view.

Jim Wright

4 minutes ago, caniac said:

sweet, does V5 support sending video (MP4) to the P10?

If you convert the MP4 to uncompressed AVI format, then you can use S5's Movie effect. You can do the same thing with the Pixel Editor.

Matt

3 minutes ago, JamesWright said:

I would suggest that, by default (or option) if, when importing to S5, a sequence contains both standard channels and RGB effects channels, another view be automatically generated for the RGB props. That would make it much easier to figure out how to use S5 and make the conversion to S5 more complete from the user's point of view.

Excellent comment. I will try to get this added to the next version.

Matt

Just now, MattBrown said:

If you convert the MP4 to uncompressed AVI format, then you can use S5's Movie effect. You can do the same thing with the Pixel Editor.

Matt

have yet to use the Pixel Editor, any performance issues?  As I dig deeper into RGB I have noticed my sequences have gone from being 7mb to 500mb.

so I would need to download 5 to use my P10, can it run independent of S4 or will it step on that install?

1 hour ago, caniac said:

can it run independent of S4 or will it step on that install?

S5 overrights S4

Please note that your license may or may not cover this version. Anyone with an active S4 license can download and run the S5 Beta.  You may be warned that the software will expire in October, however you can re-register and that will go away.

According to the license page I am good for S5 thru April of 2018.  Are you sure about overwriting S4 or can you specify a different folder?

Yep, I had the same idea. I planned on keeping my s4 and change to a different directory so as not to right over S4. It came up with an error saying if I did change the directory windows may something and filles wouldnt transfer corectly. I so I thought best to not change the directory

1 hour ago, caniac said:

Are you sure about overwriting S4 or can you specify a different folder?

No I'm not sure.  When I installed on this XP computer I had to un-install my S4 installation before the S5 installation would work right (I have to do that for EVERY upgrade).  However I note that the new sequencer has a different filename than previously used, so you might be able to install S5 on another computer and then copy the LORSequencer.exe file over to your main computer.

On 7/13/2017 at 11:51 PM, MattBrown said:

Jim,

See the attached PDF - slide 28 - Append and Reset prop commands will help you. We don't typically post presentations to the forums, but I wanted to get something out fast to help you and others learn S5.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Are you able to publish the other documentation/presentations used during the Christmas Expo... particularly anything relating to the S5 release?

Thanks,

-Chris

On 7/13/2017 at 10:51 PM, MattBrown said:

Matt

All slide presentations from Expo 2017 are now available on the Light-O-Rama Software Tutorials page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/tutorials/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the "PowerPoint Presentations / ShowTime 5" section.  

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

All slide presentations from Expo 2017 are now available on the Light-O-Rama Software Tutorials page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/tutorials/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the "PowerPoint Presentations / ShowTime 5" section.  

Matt

After reviewing the slideshow I noticed that the Fade tool is now a shortcut only, shift N, can we not get the button back on top of the toolbar?

Edited by Mr. P

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

After reviewing the slideshow I noticed that the Fade tool is now a shortcut only, shift N, can we not get the button back on top of the toolbar?

I hope there is not a mistake... Which presentation and slide number? 

Shift-N prompts for a new effect and then inserts it into the selected area. You can still use "D" for fade down and "U" for fade up. There are also still Fade Down and Fade Up buttons on the toolbar - just like the Sequence Editor.

Matt

53 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

I hope there is not a mistake... Which presentation and slide number? 

Shift-N prompts for a new effect and then inserts it into the selected area. You can still use "D" for fade down and "U" for fade up. There are also still Fade Down and Fade Up buttons on the toolbar - just like the Sequence Editor.

Matt

In S5 the Shift N brings up the RGB Channel Effect but in S4 that was the Color Fade Tool for RGB that was located in the top tool bar.

Edited by Mr. P

I Finally figured out how to do just plain fades from one color to another using "Shift N",  I miss the button in the tool bar, and the "history" of the last couple of things you did. I use mostly Dumb RGB and lots of fades. It made programming quicker when I could just click on say Green to blue,  rather than have to pick the colors each time.  Please think about bringing that back. 

Still learning S5, but seeing great potential.   

26 minutes ago, prevue12 said:

I Finally figured out how to do just plain fades from one color to another using "Shift N",  I miss the button in the tool bar, and the "history" of the last couple of things you did. I use mostly Dumb RGB and lots of fades. It made programming quicker when I could just click on say Green to blue,  rather than have to pick the colors each time.  Please think about bringing that back. 

Still learning S5, but seeing great potential.   

The "history" are the clipboards that are missing in S5. The Color Fade Tool (Shift N) which use to be in the top toolbar in S4 also took me a week to find. Please bring back the button!!!!!

• Like 1