Light-O-Rama Forums

Newest Build

TitusCarnathan

Kind of a pointless build, But wanted to have a plc and HMI in my display. I can monitor if any of my controllers lose power it will tell me which controller lost power. This will also keep the fog machines warm overnight if it gets too cold outside. By cycling the power on until they get to a certain temp then shutting them off and leaving them off until it gets below the dead band, and it will only do this if the outside temp gets below the set point. I can also have this setup to control the amp so that when my show is running it will turn the amp on and once the show ends it will turn the amp off. 

3.JPG

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now you just need to have it brew coffee and fry up some bacon when something goes wrong while you troubleshoot the error or fault it gives you, then it'd be perfect.:P:D

What kind of PLC and what is it programmed with and is that a maple HMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, Orville said:

Now you just need to have it brew coffee and fry up some bacon when something goes wrong while you troubleshoot the error or fault it gives you, then it'd be perfect.:P:D

That would be possible if someone would build a robot that would grab the bacon from a fridge and put it in some kind of cooking device i.e. stove/hot plate. Coffee  would be very easy to do just have the coffee pot set to be on once powered (needs to be a standard coffee pot with a switch) and use an output on the plc when the alarm is triggered it will power that up. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, Bill P said:

What kind of PLC and what is it programmed with and is that a maple HMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLC and HMI are from automationdirect.com The PLC is their click plc line using 2 plc's The one that's outside with 3 120vac input modules 1 therm module and 1 120vac output module.  and the one that's inside is for the buttons to work plus it controls the power to the amp. The hmi is the cmore micro HMI's. The HMI and the 2 plc's are connected via Ethernet through the same network I use for e1.31 Would've loved to been able to use Allen-Bradley hardware, but hardware and software is way to rich for my blood. 

The programming software for their plc's and the micro hmi's are free. 

Edited by TitusCarnathan

I build control panels for water and sewer companies at work. We are mainly Allen Bradley but have  just recently started building  Schneider  Electric panels too. 

Automation direct product quality has really gone in the tank recently so we don't do too much of them except for service calls. 

We use the RS Logix 5000 and I can understand as the price is ridiculous. 

All I can say is I'm glad it's not coming out of my pocket. 

• Like 1

I use rslogix 500 and 5000 at work, Allen Bradley products are great but expensive. I do maintenance work on baggers and various other packing equipment. We do have two machines with Siemens plc's and HMIs and a robot with a Schneider electric hmi but if I remember that robot has a AB plc. Everything else we have runs on Allen Bradley PLCs. 

Edited by TitusCarnathan
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked