Light-O-Rama Forums

how to dim dumb rgb strip?

bdwillie

OK,  Got my first real RGB strip of LEDs, Just dumb ones, and a three channel controller to play with.  I have figured out the color fade to get them to the correct colors that I want, but how do you change the intensity while retaining the correct color?  Not even sure if it is possible but thought I would ask!  More things to learn!

In SE highlight the section or row you want to set. Choose the intensity tool from the top bar and set the intensity you want.

Or go to 3:25 in the following video.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

hello

even more simple

just use the color tool with the color on one side and choose black as color on the other side, so you can go from black to full color and reverse.

can not be more easy to do

dick

4 hours ago, Trickyd said:

hello

even more simple

just use the color tool with the color on one side and choose black as color on the other side, so you can go from black to full color and reverse.

can not be more easy to do

dick

He doesn't want to fade as he already knows how to do that, he wants to dim the intensity.

• Like 1

You can also highlight the section in SE you want to change and right click on it and this will bring up a menu.  You can change intensities from there by selecting change intensities.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  Got it!   So far the RGB is easier than I feared!  Still a lot to learn!

7 minutes ago, caniac said:

some controllers let you set the intensity also.

I would go the controller route if available as that would be the easiest but wasn't too sure about dumb controllers.  My only dumb controller for my floods doesn't have that option as it's controlled by the DMX output of one of my smart controllers.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2017 at 3:37 PM, caniac said:

some controllers let you set the intensity also.

I dont think any of the Dumb Controllers out there will let you set intensity on them, i have only seen the smart controllers that will do that.