Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX E1.31 control not working with LOR Sequencer

BarryLights

I have been using LOR software for years. I have standard outputs, CCR's and a Pixcon4. this year I decided to start moving into DMX for a matrix I am building.I built half of it to run some test and make sure it is working properly. I have built four panels, each panel with 160 Pixels  4 rows by 40 pixels). All four panels are connected together in one long string of 640 Pixels total. (16 rows, 40 pixels each) They are connected to a PixLite4 controller from Advatek and the lights turn on properly when I test them. I am using one output at the moment..I have the controller set to a hard IP address. When I connect directly to the controller with the manufacturers software, I can communicate and test the lights. I have the LOR network configured as follows:

When I run a sequence I get nothing on the display. I know this combination works because there are users I have been in discussion with that are using similar hardware/software. I even tried two different computers. Through the help of another forum member, we tried a very simple sequence with three pixels to try and see if things work but that did not work. And I do  have control lights on.

In order to make sure the board is OK, I downloaded Xlights and tried that and it communicates to the controller fine and it only took a few minutes. There is something in the LOR set-up that is not correct. Does anyone have any advice to remedy the situation, any help would be appreciated.

LOR Network Config.JPG

Edited by BarryLights
Add network image

Do you have the LOR Control Panel running (which will start the Comm Listener)?  With S4, that is a requirement.

Well,, don't I feel like a newbie. I loaded the control panel and she works like a charm. I forgot all about that.  I am very appreciative of the help. .

If I had a dollar for every time I made that mistake I could go to a Gentleman's Club and have quiet the evening (until I got home and had to explain myself, lol).

• Like 1

Exactly, so I put a big note on the wall where I am working on next years show that basically says launch LOR! Hopefully next time I will not forget.