Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching light storms

sasmuse

Hi All,
Now that band activities are almost done for the school year I'm finally able to devote a little more time to my 2008 light show. I've purchased one light storm from Action Lighting (with the hopes of getting two more if...) and am planning to make "fireworks" out of it.

My plan is to use two 3-ft sections of grey PVC to simulate the "shooting up" part of the firework with the light storm being the exploded firework. My dilemma is how to attach the light storm to the pvc. I know that I will need to stabilize everything with guy wires.

Has anyone devised a way to attach the light storms to something? And if so, what did you use? zip ties? bungie cords? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sally

looking at the light storm i noticed the bottom is flat
http://www.actionlighting.com/category.asp?MainCategory=Light%20Storm
you bend the rod flat.
so thinking about it, if you take your pvc and at the end you put and screw a small piece of wood and drill a hole on the top(the size of the base) find a tree you want to hang this from. throw a fishing line (deep sea line or spider wire) to hold the end of the hole you drilled and hoist it up. secure the bottom (wooden spike than screw a clamp on top of the spike) so it wont twist and the position you want it to face.

you do know the storm will do its own random display. you can only turn it on and off. but you can set the pace.
heres what it looks like in action

http://www.actionlighting.com/items.asp?MainCategory=Light+Storm&Sub=Outdoor

Thanks! Those are some good ideas. The tree and fishing line won't work however. There are no trees around where the light storms will be positioned.

And thanks for the heads-up about the patterns. I did know that. I'm planning on only using the first couple seconds of the pattern series to get the effect I want.

Sally

Sally,

I did a faux fireworks display in 2007 with Action Lighting's Storm I and II's. I used 10' pvc with 4x100 count mini lights per stick. I used 12 sticks, 4 Storms and 16 red and yellow strobes for the entire effect.

You can check out a brief exerpt video at

Charles